Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Password Required Areas

Credits
Have you ever participated in a forum that required a password to get into a particular area? Have you had this on your forum? One time with clubs we had it, just thought it would be kinda cool to have their own area and be able to participate with one another in "secret" lol.

I remember one of my first forums the VIP area was password protected. It always sucked when the browser forgot the password and I had to remember what it was again.

Is there a benefit to this?

Advertisement Placeholder
It’s something exclusive and exclusivity has always been a demanding thing. People like exclusive things because it often makes them feel better and more rewarding if that makes sense.

I remember I started having password protected forums on IPB 1.3 with the IBStore plugin. It never really contained much more than spam though. :p

I did many years ago - there was a forum for a comic I followed (i.e. the artist and friends) and I ended up becoming one of them. They had a board for the various online games they played, where you could discuss guild stuff in those games since the group tended to play together. You join the guild in game, they share the password for the forum there, job done.

Made it easier to manage than anything else, I think.

Man that was some time ago. That was before XenForo existed and vB 3 was still the faithful go-to.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds