Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Owning 2 Forums

Dancing Mongoose

Recognized member
Credits
Say, you run 2 forums, how do cope with running both forums at the same time? Do you hire a variety of staff each separate for each forum? Do you dedicate a lot of time to them? What would you do?

Advertisement Placeholder
I usually split my time between the two, so that I can properly engage with both sets of members and staff properly. Though it can be difficult to get a good time set out for both, when one has limited time to spend online.

I have ran two forums at the same time in the past, and it's difficult to do. Like Joshua said, time can be a big issue, but it isn't the only one. When it comes to promoting both your forums on other sites, what do you dedicate most of your time to promoting? Often there will be limitations that can get in your way on other sites. For example, FP only allows you to enter one forum into their FOTM competition. There are ways around this, of course. You can just have a member of your staff member enter your other forum into the competition. It's extremely difficult to run two forums, especially if neither of them are established yet. Trying to establish multiple forums at the same time is borderline impossible, in my opinion. :yum:

At some points, I may be running a few. I just split my time and see what one needs the most work at that time. I also have staff that would help me out on my bigger sites.

I usually split my time between the two, so that I can properly engage with both sets of members and staff properly. Though it can be difficult to get a good time set out for both, when one has limited time to spend online.
When I ran 2 forums at the same time, I tried to split my time between the two but I experienced how difficult it is to do that. To split your time and to engage with both community becomes a very difficult task.

I personally have not run 2 forums at once. If I did, It would be very difficult and I would split my time and spend a equal amount of time on both forums that I am running.

When I started to build forums I was working on both of them. As time went I had to pause one of my forum as it was difficult to manage both of them simultaniously. So I thought once I have people helping me on my forum and I had some free time then I would start working on the second forum.

I don't like owning more than one site at a time for that reason. Usually, one site more of the attention than the rest and the others end up being neglected due to lack of time being spent on it. So, I tend to just stick with one site and just stay with it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds