Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Organic Traffic Vs. Referral Traffic: Which One Is Good For Your Site?

Zevin

Captain Junkie
Credits
Organic traffic is the traffic that comes from Google, Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, etc. In other words, Organic traffic is the traffic coming from the Search Engines.

Referral Traffic is the traffic that comes from Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc. I other words, referral traffic is the traffic coming from social media.

You may also get direct traffic, through the urls you or someone has shared on other sites. However, social media and search engines are two main traffic sources for any website.

Now you might ask, which one is good for your site?

Whether people visit your site through social sites or search engines, they are visiting because they are interested in your content. They will read/view your content and navigate through your site as long as they like the content and the site. If they stay on the site, they might also want to interact with your ads. That's how you make money.

Both traffic sources are good as long as you have engaging content.

What's your say on this topic?

Advertisement Placeholder
I am just getting to know about organic and referral traffic. It is important for businesses to have an online presence which can be fostered by trafficking to your website so I think a company should try out both organic and referral and see what goes best for them

I will suggest you take help of both of the sides traffic and referral both because if we are starting the business we have to take help of both are the things reference is more best because it is by the help of our friends and some others and if I talk about organic traffic so do join this as well .in this way your business will goes viral and you will get much traffic through this.

Natural traffic which comes from web engines like google, yahoo and bing search engines. Like when some client search in web engines and type their keywords and if those keywords take those clients to your site, at that point it will be include in natural rush hour gridlock. Everybody do a great deal of hardwork to get natural traffic as it supports your site traffic.

However, in the event that we think about them, at that point there is no uncertainty that natural traffic beats them all, that is everything I can say.

Actually, direct traffic is the best form of traffic for your websites butits not easy to come by. Your websites would’ve gained some level of popularity before you generate direct traffic. However, referral traffic is the easiest way to generate traffic and it’s the most effective. It’s widely used by forums and blogs in order to increase daily usage. Organic traffic is generated by searches and it’s not as effective as referral traffic

I quite don't agree with the above poster. Direct trafgic is the traffic coming to your site from the links you or someone who like your website has shared. Direct traffic is not considered very good. Referral traffic is not generated by blogs and forums, blog and forums generate direct traffic. Organic traffic is the most effective traffic.

I would classify organic traffic and referral traffic as the same because this both traffic actually are all organic traffic as the people that are being referred always stays on the website.

On the contrary, I don't believe organic traffic and referral traffic can be classified as the same. referral traffic can be manipulative traffic because you use varius techniques to drive traffic (visit for visit for instance).

In my opinion, referral traffic is really easy to generate. This is because it is far much easier to gain followers through social media. Organic traffic is really hard to generate becuase you have to compete against big websites. In my opinion, it is far much better to start with referral traffic if you plan to earn money through advertisements.

as long as they are both organic (real), they should be fine, rest depends on the effort of yours, but traffic that comes on its own should be preferred more as it's automatic

This is the first time I'm hearing of referral traffic, I'm quite confident with organic traffic. I believe as an entrepreneur, an online presence is needed as well as traffic on the site both the Organic and the referral traffic is acceptable so far as the aim is achieved.

It'll be good to utilize both sources - organic and referral traffic. Though one source could be more especially referral traffic (a lot of people engage more in that these days).
Though I feel the greatest potential is from organic sources.

Organic traffic is good for your website because you would have ranked for some of keywords on the first page of Google search engine. With this you will be able to receive consistent free organic traffic to your website. Direct traffic and not consistent

The organic traffic is really good for website to use because the most potential is from organic source, but also referral traffic is also acceptable too.

You can hire a search engine optimisation experts to build strong backlinks to your website. This will help your website to rank higher on Google search engine and you are going to receive free organic traffic.

It does not really matter what kind of traffic you receive, what actually matter is whether the traffic is converting. Traffic conversion means you are generating revenue from the traffic

I would classify organic traffic and referral traffic as the same because this both traffic actually are all organic traffic as the people that are being referred always stays on the website.
I also believe this organic and referal traffic are somehow the same in the sense that they are bith increasing traffic and we invites people to stay on the site and have more traffic in the process.

There is no denying that no other traffic sources can compete with organic traffic sources. However, the problem with organic method is it is not easy to get organic traffic. It will work only when a large number of your articles rank on the first page of google.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds