Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Nicheless Blogs?

Christopher1

Addicted member
Credits
Do you guys recommend going nicheless? I read somewhere that a variety of content is not necessarily bad; however, I am thinking there's a lot of competition.

What are your thoughts?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think that it's a good idea in the sense that it can bring many different people to the blog. You could say talk about pets on one post and then tech on another. From that you will be able to bring in both tech and animal lovers. So, in that sense I think that it could be pretty good.

I guess it depends on what your end game is. Having several different niche blogs can bring in a lot of money and be easier to manage. Having one blog with all sorts of content can be tricky when trying to monetize. Plus, you better be ready to write and write and write a lot of content on different subjects.

Most blogs have a niche even if they don't appear to. This is the case with family or personal blogs. They are just life niched ;)

Having several different niche blogs can bring in a lot of money and be easier to manage. Having one blog with all sorts of content can be tricky when trying to monetize. Plus, you better be ready to write and write and write a lot of content on different subjects.

Very true. I think it's easier to monetize when it's a niche blog because I couldn't imagine one person being knowledgeable on all subjects. People may know a lot of information; however, I think people are more prone to be experts in one area rather than multiple areas. Plus, you would be competing against other blogs on the subjects.

Most blogs have a niche even if they don't appear to. This is the case with family or personal blogs. They are just life niched :wink:

I think what he means is a variety of topics on your blog instead of just one, which is what a niche is. I think it's better to just break everything up into its own blog. That way you have multiple income streams instead of just doing it in one place. If people stop coming there goes your money as well.

No. Leave that to places that serve as semi-news. You know hat I'm talking about, I just can't find the word for it.

Blogs should always follow a niche, there's no point if there isn't. At least for me, I'm not going to just follow a blog that one time is talking about food, another time talking about raising kids, and then the next time talking about drugs.

I think what he means is a variety of topics on your blog instead of just one, which is what a niche is. I think it's better to just break everything up into its own blog. That way you have multiple income streams instead of just doing it in one place. If people stop coming there goes your money as well.

Ah that makes sense. I read that backwards I guess haha

I mean I think that it can be good just because you can draw more people in. But the problem is being able to keep those people. You have to make sure that you're writing articles a lot so that many people can enjoy what you're writing.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds