Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

New forum

Travis

Credits
My forums theme is complete and i got a bit of starter content on it i was wondering if you guys had any ideas on way to kickstart my forum like a contest or something my forums niche is amc television

Advertisement Placeholder
You may implement a series of strategies for a kickstart such as implementing a RSS both that provides one of your categories with fresh new fetched from a specific RSS feed. Many sites let you grab content this way (including Google News) and depending on your forum software you can specify target keywords that match your topic.

You can also pay a posting service to get some forum posters helping you to build an active community in no time and, of course, start promoting your forum insanely though social media networking sites, other forums at their showcase ares and included in your signature (if allowed) as well as in any other place where you can advertise, in example, online classifieds.

Good luck with your new forum :)

You may implement a series of strategies for a kickstart such as implementing a RSS both that provides one of your categories with fresh new fetched from a specific RSS feed. Many sites let you grab content this way (including Google News) and depending on your forum software you can specify target keywords that match your topic.

I would be interested in learning more about that here is a link to my forum http://amctvforums.com/index.php
If you dont mind telliing me about it maybe give me a tutorial on setting it up

Well, I would start by creating a new forum category under Amc Tv Discussion.

This category could be Amc Tv News

Then you go to MyBB and install this plugin, http://mods.mybb.com/view/rss-feed-poster

There is a thread at MyBB forums about the RSS poster plugin,
http://community.mybb.com/thread-103173.html

However this might be related to a previous version found here,
http://mods.mybb.com/view/rss-to-post

If you experience some problem installing the plugin, you can refer to such thread to fix it or ask directly on that forum, but Keep in mind that the first Link posted above seems to be the more recent and may not cause any installation problem.

After installing this plugin, you will find an option to set it up inside your admin control panel. Scroll down to find it.

From there you can specify the forum where you want the updates to appear (your newly created suggestd forum) an also options to specify how many feeds must be displayed, and a field where you need to specify the feed URL.

I just visited AMC Tv blog and their RSS feeds are down. This could be the best source to post updates on their show, but not being available, the best suggestion is creating a Google Alert for AMC Tv and retrieve the feeds from there.

At Google go here http://www.google.com/alerts

Fill out the relevant fields including in your query AMC Tv, plus your relevant interest (shows, news, etc.)

Sign in with a Google account and then select from inside your dashboard RSS, then you will be given with the relevant feed URL for your forum RSS poster.

P.S. PLEASE, make a backup of your database before making this install, just in case something could go wrong, but likely you will get things working fine ;)

Out of curiosity do you have enough money to maybe buy a Season DVD of maybe Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead? If so you could possibly buy a DVD with episodes of either show and start a contest with the prize being the DVD. Or maybe the posting contest could give out cash via Paypal? Of course it all comes down to if you have enough money to do so.

Out of curiosity do you have enough money to maybe buy a Season DVD of maybe Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead? If so you could possibly buy a DVD with episodes of either show and start a contest with the prize being the DVD. Or maybe the posting contest could give out cash via Paypal? Of course it all comes down to if you have enough money to do so.
I do but i dont want to do a contest where the results arent good i was thinking when i get a small amount of activity then i would hold a contest

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds