Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

MyBB

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
Have any of you ever used MyBB before?

https://mybb.com/
I went to MyBB after I left PhpBB. I stuck with them quite a while and eventually moved on the SMF.

MyBB was always a very modern looking and clean software.

Development has appeared to slow down significantly.

What is everyone's thoughts on MyBB in general?

Advertisement Placeholder
I remember that name. He once tricked me about a simple theme modification. I have kept no grudge though. It was a simple fix, and for some reason, he said that it is close to impossible.

Now that I understand the basics of graphics, it was really really easy to do. Even during those days.

I remember that name. He once tricked me about a simple theme modification. I have kept no grudge though. It was a simple fix, and for some reason, he said that it is close to impossible.

Now that I understand the basics of graphics, it was really really easy to do. Even during those days.
Maybe it was an effort to keep him in business? I'm not sure.

I know back then different forums and forum theme makers were really competitive against one and another.

I think that aggressive competition helps with the overall downfall of forums.

I never took it the bad way. When I realised that it was a simple process, I just laughed silently in my mind. As in I cracked it. Because I badly wanted that change in the theme and now I can do it without help.

The theme was from one of the best theme houses for the software. I forgot the name. He was also a staff there, IIRC.

I attempted to use MyBB, but it didn't work for me. It simply didn't seem as customizable as phpBB, and the ACP was a bit confusing if I'm being honest.
Yeah, I think MyBB lacks a lot of better themes and addons.

I think they could had been just as good as PhpBB if more focus was done in that area.

It was really hard to find good addons but at one time, I had a theme connection for MyBB. There was a girl who made you any theme you wanted would not accept money for it.

She had nice themes.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds