Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

My newest miner

ChrisG2010

Reputable member
Credits
Still some work in progress, but here is my zPool miner consisting of 3x Zotac 1060 3GB cards and 1x Zotac 1070ti.

View attachment 211 View attachment 212

I am in process of acquiring more cards to finish this rig off being a 5 card rig and then I will be building a 13 card rig.

My main computer is mining with 2x Gigabyte 1080ti 11GB cards.

Attachments

• IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0743.JPG
    IMG_0743.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 33
Advertisement Placeholder
Still some work in progress, but here is my zPool miner consisting of 3x Zotac 1060 3GB cards and 1x Zotac 1070ti.

View attachment 104 View attachment 105

I am in process of acquiring more cards to finish this rig off being a 5 card rig and then I will be building a 13 card rig.

My main computer is mining with 2x Gigabyte 1080ti 11GB cards.

I am confused, if you tossing that much money why not invest in an ASIC miner? Wouldn't that yield better ROI as that what they made to do? Or is it so it easier to sell off the cards once you done using it for a couple of months?

I am confused, if you tossing that much money why not invest in an ASIC miner? Wouldn't that yield better ROI as that what they made to do? Or is it so it easier to sell off the cards once you done using it for a couple of months?
Resell value of the cards outweighs ASIC miners. ASIC miners are $3000-5000 for a single ASIC miner. As difficulty rises, they still hash at the same rate making them less effective. With GPUs, you mine MANY different coins in which the zpool exchanges them for you and pays you in bitcoin.

Edit: My 1080ti cards I bought at $714/each. They now are worth $900-1000/each.

Resell value of the cards outweighs ASIC miners. ASIC miners are $3000-5000 for a single ASIC miner. As difficulty rises, they still hash at the same rate making them less effective. With GPUs, you mine MANY different coins in which the zpool exchanges them for you and pays you in bitcoin.

Edit: My 1080ti cards I bought at $714/each. They now are worth $900-1000/each.

I see that make sense to me now. However judging from your rig pics I am thinking of a possible problem.

When you build a "normal" PC various "passive" cooled components are out of the question. Given any case that are worth mentioning will have this taken accounted for. All you may has to worry about is having enough fans and the right kinds.

However in a "open" build such as this where a computer case is not used how are you going to keep the VRM, drive, RAM modules, and etc cooled down? Given that they are not activity cooled and normally relies on moving air flow to keep them operating properly?

I see that make sense to me now. However judging from your rig pics I am thinking of a possible problem.

When you build a "normal" PC various "passive" cooled components are out of the question. Given any case that are worth mentioning will have this taken accounted for. All you may has to worry about is having enough fans and the right kinds.

However in a "open" build such as this where a computer case is not used how are you going to keep the VRM, drive, RAM modules, and etc cooled down? Given that they are not activity cooled and normally relies on moving air flow to keep them operating properly?
Those parts require fans within a case due to the case cooping up the heat.
With open air, the parts are spaced out and the cards are above the motherboard and heat rises. The CPU is cooled with the cooler and the other parts are barely even warm. On my motherboard, it has small individual fans for itself that was built in.

Those parts require fans within a case due to the case cooping up the heat.
With open air, the parts are spaced out and the cards are above the motherboard and heat rises. The CPU is cooled with the cooler and the other parts are barely even warm. On my motherboard, it has small individual fans for itself that was built in.

I see that make sense. The only thing left (largely for the larger build of 13 cards) that I would ensure the driver support the amount of cards you plan on using. Or you may be in an disappointment...

As someone realized this too late for their Nvivida driver that it could support up to 8 cards at once. :(

I see that make sense. The only thing left (largely for the larger build of 13 cards) that I would ensure the driver support the amount of cards you plan on using. Or you may be in an disappointment...

As someone realized this too late for their Nvivida driver that it could support up to 8 cards at once. :(
That is correct. There has been some builds with windows 10 with 13 cards. It is said that it's best to go linux if you have that many cards, so I will definitely try windows 10 first and if I can't get it working, I will go linux. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds