Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

My motorcycle accident

Credits
It was raining and I was riding 42 mph when my back wheel lost track on the road and i literally went flying across the concreate at 42mph. It honestly felt like it was slow motion.

I passed out because of the shock. As I passed out, I noted this bright light that kept getting closer to me with a hand and then there was a quick flashback of my life situations in like a minute. After that, I woke up in the back of an ambulance and remember the first question I asked is my bike okay 😂

Unfortunately for my parents they were driving behind me and noticed the whole thing.

Definitely a near death experience and I am glad I was wearing armoured clothing, including my helmet. If I wasn’t I’d be dead.

Ambulance are surprised that I survived as they said people usually going over 30mph don’t survive historically.

Anyone else got into an accident?

Advertisement Placeholder
I never had such an accident and I am so happy that you survived this as it can be fatal in most cases. I believe putting all the safety measures in place while riding was a key factor to your survival.

If a lot of people that drive cars or ride motorcycles embrace safety tools such as the helmet,I believe death cases with accidents will reduce. How are you faring so far?

I never had such an accident and I am so happy that you survived this as it can be fatal in most cases. I believe putting all the safety measures in place while riding was a key factor to your survival.

If a lot of people that drive cars or ride motorcycles embrace safety tools such as the helmet,I believe death cases with accidents will reduce. How are you faring so far?
I am taking Codein, a very strong pain killer that makes you feel like you’re floating half the time (similar effect of Cannabis).

Both are illegal without prescription. I’m recovering okay. Has it stopped me getting on a bike? No.

However I’m taking my driving lessons to hopefully use a car when it’s raining as I’ve learnt when it rains riding a bike isn’t safe due to how slippy the roads are

I am taking Codein, a very strong pain killer that makes you feel like you’re floating half the time (similar effect of Cannabis).

Both are illegal without prescription. I’m recovering okay. Has it stopped me getting on a bike? No.

However I’m taking my driving lessons to hopefully use a car when it’s raining as I’ve learnt when it rains riding a bike isn’t safe due to how slippy the roads are

Riding a bike when it's raining is risky. I wish you the very best in your recovery phase, mate.

Glad the injury wasn't that heavy and deep too.

Ouch you got lucky ! Fortunately you parents were behind you so they could call an ambulance quickly. I do love your first question lol.

Good to see you okay though. How is the bike?

The motorcycle is okay, it’s very expensive and is relatively new to me. It’s a Zero Motorcycle. Here are a list of the repairs.

Parts seem rather cheap to me compared to some other bikes. This one is full electric right? How does it drive?

I drive a ‘04 Suzuki GSXR.

IMG_2453.jpeg

So glad you are okay! I have never been in any kind of accident like this myself but my mum was years ago when she was younger before she had me. She was coming home from work on a moped at the time and she nearly got run into, swerved to avoid them and hit the curb and went flying over the handle bars landing on her back.

She was in a lot of pain and still has issues now with her back but she was just happy it wasn't any worse.

Hopefully, you are healing well!

Wow, that would be a horrifying experience. I never wanted to drive a motorcycle for reasons like this. I'm glad you survived in the end!

The closest I've ever gotten to being in a wreck was running over a haybale that caught fire underneath my car. I don't know what I was thinking going over a hay bale in the road, I suppose I thought it would slide from the front to the back and perish, but it followed me down the road till it caught fire. Luckily, a nearby gas station was around and people put out the fire with an extinguisher. That was the last time I run over big objects in the road.

Glad you weren't seriously hurt. I've un-assed a bike a time or two at speed. The first time was in the rain when I had a car pull out in front of me... it was either a controlled slide or t-bone it. That was before I learned the below old saying, and luckily I had boots and heavy duty Wrangler Rugged Wear jeans on (back when they WERE actually rugged wear and the material was twice as thick as the standard blue jeans.
There's an old saying amongst us that have ridden two wheels for any length of time.
You dress for the wreck... NOT the ride.
You wanna "look good" riding your bike in shorts, tank top and flip flops with a helmet... just look at a package of ground hamburger meat and you will realize what your body will look like if you dismount at any kind of speed.
And it doesn't have to be raining. Anytime grass is growing in this neck of the woods can be dangerous as those that mow the weeds/grass beside the roadways for some reason tend to always blow that grass INTO the roadway. That stuff can be as bad as any tar snake and I've had 3 friends wreck out in front of me because of it. Then you have the tar snakes that can get deadly in these 100 degree days. Heck, I even rode one section of road that the asphalt was so hot the bike tires were making an impression in it.
I always felt a little safer since on both the GoldWing and FJR I "dark sided" them (and yes, we had cookies!). Since I used them for touring, the added stability was nice as I was not "canyon carving" with them.

Last edited:
I'm glad you wore some protecting clothing! Sounds like it could have been so much worse. It's funny how when we are in accidents we often worry first about either people in the car if there were any, and then our vehicle! We don't often care about ourselves much and then we are running off adrenaline.
I did also fracture my pinky finger. But apart from that, I’m okay!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds