Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Moderation Policies

Belthazar

Loyal member
Credits
Do you have a moderation policy on your forum? If so, is it detailed to every possible rule infraction, or is it very vague and allows moderators a lot of flexibility? There are definitely pros and cons of having both types of moderation policy, but I myself tend to have one in the middle. While it's important to have most things covered to ensure all members are fairly dealt with, your staff should also be able to have some flexibility. What about your moderation policy?

Advertisement Placeholder
I do have a moderation policy for my forum. Typically, it allows moderators some flexibility, but it also instructs them on how to go about handling infractions. Pretty much, there's a 5 strikes and your out policy. However, if a major rule is broken, automatic bans are in place.

I have them as well, but we never have any probs on mine. Never have had. But mine are set out so the one mod we have on there can freely do what she wants to do within reason.

I'm picky when hiring my staff, for the same reason that I don't have a overly huge moderation policy. For the most part, I leave it up to the moderator to decide what to do, from giving out infractions to banning and adding account restrictions. I usually hire people that know what on earth they are doing, and with giving them pretty much the freedom to do what they think should be done, it gets them working more in a team, I'm not sure why but hey, it works.

We of course monitor what they do, though I trust my staff fully and if they think a ban or infraction is needed, I let them hand it out. There's no need to have an overly complicated moderation policy as well as the need to monitor everything your staff do unless you don't trust them, and if you don't trust them even after they have left the probation period, you need to be thinking about kicking them off. :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds