Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Mobile friendly?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Would you say that your site is mobile friendly? I'd say this site is because it looks awesome on my iPad but it also works well with TapaTalk! Very mobile friendly indeed!

Advertisement Placeholder
i cant check right now as my phone has decided to ignore its connection to my home network and tell me it cant connect via a different one

lol nah cause its not anywhere near finished - i am struggling with colour scheme, trying to get away from forum blue - i will test it properly when i have it sorted on the machine - right now its just someone elses theme

Thankfully, the software I use (Jcink) has a mobile-friendly version to view the site, otherwise, it would be complicated to create new skins to cater to mobile devices.

Mobile-friendliness is a must for most forums since mobile devices are ever-growing in popularity and usage. Many people probably have a smartphone, but no PC these days.

My blogs are mobile friendly, I have used responsive themes. I use phpBB and in my experience phpBB looks very good on hand held devices. I also use MyBB, which I think is not very good for mobile devices.
MyBB is a nice script... but last I checked, the mobile friendly aspect had to be theme/style done and not in the core script.
That is one of the things that hurts that script the most in todays environment.

I try to keep my sites as mobile-friendly as possible. In fact, I feel that creating for mobile first is your best strategy.

I remember thinking they were nuts when they said start making it mobile friendly. That was back when smartphones were just introduced, and they sucked. Now most of your traffic is mobile.

I bet you if you made a from dedicated to desktop computers, over 80% of your traffic and views would be using a mobile device. LOL. You know it's true.

Be mobile friendly or the other forum will do it and get all the attention.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 11)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds