Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Minimum Blog Article Length?

Advertisement Placeholder
I don’t really think so. On FP the general rule is 400 words, but that's not a standard. Plenty of articles have been published with under 400 words. I think the picture you draw in the article is way more important than the actual word count. I can write 1000 words of rambling, but 250 words on topic to the article is far more useful to the reader.

I once read a blog post that was one sentence long. However it inspired me to write a detailed comment. I wish I remembered what it said. lol In my opinion it's all about the message. If you can deliver an intriguing message in a few sentences - awesome. I personally would rather encounter that than someone just on a rant about everything and everything with no structure to their thoughts. In the end, I believe it's about the message you are trying to get across and your delivery. Personally, I usually aim for 500 words in my posts however sometimes my articles are less and others are much more.

i think a good article have at least 400 words...

I would have to agree that enough information/thoughts can be expressed in 400 words. Essentially a topic can be covered in 4 paragraphs. I believe 100 words per paragraph is plenty.

I think 300 words should be a minimum, but like previously said, word count is not the most important thing. A message, a way of saying something and information are what actually counts.

Well it really does depend on the article, honestly. For the most part, I think 400 words is a general guidelines for most articles, however it cannot simply be 400 words that make absolutely no sense, so you have to make sure you have enough content to actually write 400-500 words. You also have to think of Google, the longer the article is with enough unique content, the better the search results may be.

Well it really does depend on the article, honestly. For the most part, I think 400 words is a general guidelines for most articles, however it cannot simply be 400 words that make absolutely no sense, so you have to make sure you have enough content to actually write 400-500 words. You also have to think of Google, the longer the article is with enough unique content, the better the search results may be.

You've made an excellent point here. It truly is about quality over quantity. In theory yes, the more words the more opportunity you have to include keywords to improve your SEO. ...however, if you're just being wordy in hope of reaching a minimum target and aren't really focused on the key words then you're not really doing anything productive at that point. I have read "articles" and felt like wow the title was a lot more interesting that the content itself!

You've made an excellent point here. It truly is about quality over quantity. In theory yes, the more words the more opportunity you have to include keywords to improve your SEO. ...however, if you're just being wordy in hope of reaching a minimum target and aren't really focused on the key words then you're not really doing anything productive at that point. I have read "articles" and felt like wow the title was a lot more interesting that the content itself!

Oh my gosh, yes. Sometimes I have just stumbled upon a post and went to go read it because the title was rather interesting, but reading the article itself was so plain and boring I felt like I was reading one of my English essays that I was just being wordy in just so I could get past the minimum word limit. :tearsofjoy:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds