Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Minimum Age Requirement

HyperActive1

Website
thevideogamers.com
Credits
Do you have a minimum age requirement for your members? This is usually automatically activated on most boards and is set to 13+

On my forum, I kept it at 13+, I honestly don't think anyone below 13 years old has reached the maturity level expected to be actively accessing the forum. Don't get me wrong, there are people under 13 years of age that are more mature than teenagers, but majority speaking, 13 is the best :)

Advertisement Placeholder
I say 13. This gets me around COPA laws, so if they post personal info, I'm not liable.

I don't have an age limit on my communities because I don't check my members' age. The COPPA law says 13+, so that's what they should choose when they register. If they decide to lie about their age, I'm not liable...

I think my forum also has 13+ years. 13 years should be good enough for person to write good topics or posts.

I don't allow younger than 13 on my forum. You aren't allowed to have a social media page, such as Facebook, until you are 13 so I've limited it so that anyone younger than 13 cannot register on my forum. I can allow a teenager to register but not children. There has to be a line drawn somewhere.

I also say 13 is the youngest you should allow. Younger kids don't care about forums anyways. There probably playing online games.

I also say 13 is the youngest you should allow. Younger kids don't care about forums anyways. There probably playing online games.
I kind of disagree. I've met 12 year olds online who were interested in coding and had good knowledge of how to use a forum's admin panel. I know children in elementary school who are interested in learning to make simple website with those drag-and-drop programs.

I kind of disagree. I've met 12 year olds online who were interested in coding and had good knowledge of how to use a forum's admin panel. I know children in elementary school who are interested in learning to make simple website with those drag-and-drop programs.

This is so true, but maybe if there is a blog on the forum, they could use it until they turn 13.

I'm horrible; my minimum age requirement for my old community was 16. I honestly didn't feel like dealing with 13 year olds, most of them cannot use proper grammar to save their lives.

i dun want psts lik dis all ovah my boards. At that age they are pretty into text lingo as well. :rage: Now I will say I have let come 13,14, and 15 year olds stay if they were mature, but other than that it I didn't allow the pre-teens. :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds