Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Members Who Hack Accounts?

MisterBobbyPin

Recognized member
Credits
How do you deal with members who hack other people's accounts? I'd just ban them but I'd like to hear your ideas.

Advertisement Placeholder
I honestly would ensure staff at least have 2FA on at all times. I'd turn it on for members but make it opt-in obviously. If they hack a member account I find out the OG persons account and ban them usually and will temp ban the hacked user until they PM or so to ask for it back along with a password change.

I would probably IP ban the member in question, not that it stops them from using proxies and whatnot. Hacking another's accounts is a pretty serious violation for any website. It pretty much depletes any trust you may have had for that member and it's not the best idea to allow people on your board that can actively hack accounts. Of course, it is up to the user to have a strong password and use other means of security measures, but actively hacking other users' accounts won't be tolerated.

I have never had an issue where a member's account has been hacked on a forum that I have owned but it is always something I am prepared for as you never know when it can happen. If I were to find out that a member had been hacked, I would IP ban the person who hacked so that they would have issues coming on and doing it again but I would also have 2FA set up so that members can opt into 2FA if they wish as an extra layer of security for their account.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds