Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Members having their own board

MisterBobbyPin

Recognized member
Credits
Do you think giving members the option of having their own board is a good idea? I just got my own board on GamingLatest and it feels a little weird to even have it. What do you think, is this a good idea?

Advertisement Placeholder
I would have to ask what the purpose is.

Certainly I've seen it elsewhere but in a very different context; it used to be a thing in roleplay circles to give a new account a 'development board' to put topics in to flesh out their characters, e.g. so you'd make a single topic for each of the characters you had, you could put in links, research, whatever materials were relevant to the character and it could serve as a combination of 'character biography' and 'mood board'.

But in a more general forum world? Unless you're angling for giving each prominent poster a soapbox or other explicit platform for something, what does it possibly generate other than siloing people?

Do you think giving members the option of having their own board is a good idea? I just got my own board on GamingLatest and it feels a little weird to even have it. What do you think, is this a good idea?
If it doesn't split the main discussion in the forum where members gets their own board, then I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

It would also feel weird to me just like it did you because it's something not a common development in most forums. It's probably a good way to help members promote their popularity.

I've really only seen spammy posts in such areas, but I remember I've done it as people can have clubs... such as "The Walking Dead Club" and that whole section was all about Walking dead and allowed the members to really form it as their own. I like this idea, and if it is purchasable it means it may be worth while and gives something for members to also spend their forum money on as well.

I've helped individual members of my community launch their own clubs on my community (https://invisioncommunity.com/features/clubs/), where they own and lead and moderate their own sections of the website. These members usually already have followers, either a couple dozen to several hundred, that are following them to my community.

If there is purpose behind giving a member their own board, it can be useful.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds