Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Make you own themes?

Advertisement Placeholder
Ever since the days of Invision Free, I have learned that art is not my strong suit. I learned to make skins for my sites there and they were abominations of colors and ideas to the point that even I didn't use them lol. I did make one black and orange theme for my first phpBB forum and I actually really liked it, but I have no images or anything of what it looked lie today. Now, I doubt I could even make a theme that works.

Yah.. currently tweaking the default XF theme on the pipe site.. but still contemplating a "paid" style.. the only issue is that very few use the "base colors that fit the site. Russ over at PixelExit offered a "tweaked"style of his.. but I prefer something that is regularly update and that I can easily tweak to my needs. Taking a light/dark style and then making major changes to it can be a chore at times as there are so many area that need to be tweaked that simply changing the color palette may not impact.
The pipe site has some simple modifications to the base XF style.

Last edited:
A phrase comes to mind: "don't reinvent the wheel". Especially when starting out, it doesn't make much sense to me to spend a lot of time and effort in creating a new theme, when modifying a tried and tested version is easier. If I was ever to make a fortune on a website I might consider getting it professionally developed, but then I'd combine that with UI and backend upgrades at the same time.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds