Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Lonely

Website
offtopix.com
Credits
When you are feeling lonely, how do you handle it?

Lonely Gute Nacht GIF by Michelle Porucznik

Advertisement Placeholder
Grab one of the furbies (or both) and pick them up and start petting them and talking to them.
It does help that I can be somewhat of a loner if I want to be though.

I don't often feel lonely, I'd say it's very rare. Usually I would just stick my airpods in and put on some feel good music that will put me in a better mood.
I've got a good bunch of people around me at work, and I live with my partner. I actually praise the lord when he announces he's going out for the night, fantastic news.

With 3 children, a wife and 3 dogs I rarely feel lonely. There are times though that I sometimes wish to have a moment loneliness. 😂

When I am feeling lonely I handle it by coming online and posting on forums or I will jump on my console and play multiplayer games to take my mind off being lonely. Being lonely doesn't happen too often though with me having 4 kids that live at home so when I have the house empty, I enjoy it whilst I can.

Generally, try to attend to my hobbies or take a nap.
Naps are usually my number one go-to for loneliness. Because usually I feel lonely at times no one is able to do anything because they're either asleep or at work or something.

I try to see friends regularly but that often times doesn't cure the loneliness. More often than not I just have to wait for it to pass if the nap doesn't work.

It varies wildly for me. If I'm already in a poor headspace, then feeling lonely will get me incredibly depressed and I'll be unable to really do anything (lack of wanting to, inability to focus on it, etc.). If I'm not in a state of mind where it can really affect me, I'll try to call someone for a chat, play an online game where I'll interact with other players so I'm not playing a game alone (even if there's no voice chat), or just try and disconnect from my thoughts by doing something that requires my focus so my mind can't linger of the idea of being lonely.

I try to see friends regularly but that often times doesn't cure the loneliness.
It's hard to find good friends sometimes. I essentially think I don't have any friends at this time because I don't go out and do anything with anyone or talk to them on a regular basis. I was talking to my best friend via text and occasionally going out and doing stuff, but he's either too busy for me or doesn't care about our friendship anymore because it feels like I've kind of been cut off from being friends with him with his unresponsiveness and lack of words if he does respond to my texts.

I have trust issues for the most part where I feel like I can barely trust anyone in the world, this is what brings me to a lack of friendships and a relationship mostly and what can occasionally lead to loneliness. I want to break away from this one day and learn to set boundaries and build bonds with people rather than hop right in and expect everything to go smoothly.

It's hard to find good friends sometimes. I essentially think I don't have any friends at this time because I don't go out and do anything with anyone or talk to them on a regular basis. I was talking to my best friend via text and occasionally going out and doing stuff, but he's either too busy for me or doesn't care about our friendship anymore because it feels like I've kind of been cut off from being friends with him with his unresponsiveness and lack of words if he does respond to my texts.

I have trust issues for the most part where I feel like I can barely trust anyone in the world, this is what brings me to a lack of friendships and a relationship mostly and what can occasionally lead to loneliness. I want to break away from this one day and learn to set boundaries and build bonds with people rather than hop right in and expect everything to go smoothly.
It is hard to find good friends, I'm lucky I have my best friend from school still, known her for 20 years now. We don't see each other often but we're still close. If needed, I can always go to her with whatever I'm dealing with. I've also got to know someone at work who is now also a best friend because damn she knows a lot about me.
Other than that, it's not easy making friends when you're introverted...

It is sad feeling cut off from a friend without explanation. If it were me I'd kindly ask for why he doesn't want to hang out anymore. There's always a reason and I'd rather know but somehow, people think it'd be rude to tell the reason. I mean I'm already hurt that you're cutting me off, what's gonna be worse? 😅

It is sad feeling cut off from a friend without explanation. If it were me I'd kindly ask for why he doesn't want to hang out anymore. There's always a reason and I'd rather know but somehow, people think it'd be rude to tell the reason. I mean I'm already hurt that you're cutting me off, what's gonna be worse?
True, I could just be upfront and ask him, but I don't really want to guilt-trip him into being my friend. Friendship can be a fickle process to maintain and prolong.

One thing that people have to realize is there's a difference between being alone & being lonely. I'm an introvert so I love my alone time. However, it can also get lonely. What I do is try to touch base with newer forums or friends I haven't heard from in awhile. Sometimes just "catching up" can help ease that loneliness. Being with my furkids & being in nature helps me as well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds