Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Lockdowns: For or Against?

Lockdown in any country affect the economy. However it's also a risk to our lives if we are out there. Only if we can adhere to the rules of covid, things can get better. I cannot say I'm un or not it's just a 50/50 game.
Lockdown in any country is not a good thing and I do not support it for any country but in a situation whereby the country is going through a very turbulent coronavirus pandemic that is killing people then the only best mitigating measure is lockdown.

Advertisement Placeholder
If it isn't for selfish and political reasons and truly for the well being of citizens,then I have no issues with it

I'm actually in support of lockdown but not total lockdown because it increases the rate of people suffering instead let it just be partial lockdown that way you can prevent the spread of the disease and relieve the suffering on citizens.

If it isn't for selfish and political reasons and truly for the well being of citizens,then I have no issues with it
There is no lock down there any government would implement if not for the betterment of the citizenry it is most people that feels that government are putting up all these log now just for their own political games and benefits.

Lockdowns in my opinion is a complete waste of time in my country. During the first lockdown, there was untold hardship among people and the politicians were hoarding palliatives that should have helped. Complete mess.

Its still a pity that other nations are still deadlocked on lockdown. It will be nice that a day comes and their is nomore covid19 when the vaccine have circulated around.
That is so very true. It's a pity that other nations are still deadlocked or lockdown. This coming August 6 to 20 our country government will impose new lockdown. This is due to the fast spreading and deadlier variant of coronavirus called delta variant. There are already many people who lost their lives and loved ones due to this new variant.

Going far back there has been alot of trends of getting this bone off the neck. There has been some pandemic even before the coming of covid 19. Alot of countries are still battling with serious case of this disease and it has affected the activities of the country at large to some extent that many countries borrow money to manage it

Considering the financial impact of governments implementing lockdowns around the world, are you for or against restrictions? And why? We certainly can't have people dying left-right and center, but at the same time, the financial pressure that this pandemic is going to put on our future generation is disgusting. Countries are already in debt indefinitely, and now COVID has forced governments to borrow more money increasing debt, and the cost of goods and services. Now, we have to consider the impact it is having on the current businesses. Some have been harmed more than others, and the ones that have been most impacted have taken loans, gone out of business, or fired some of their staff just to stay afloat.

I would be against the idea as it only delays the inevitable. Better planning is needed to prevent deaths from COVID 19. What do you think? Let us know your thoughts in the Poll Above.
Lockdown hasn't work, has it? Australia is one typical example. The country is so strict with different restrictions yet they still have cases of COVID-19. Since vaccines have readily been available (although it is believed to only reduce the effect of the disease), restrictions should be off the table. Restrictions harm the small businesses, not the corporations

The fact about this Covid 19 of a thing is just that the government all over the world need to get them self prepared. I don't think lockdown can solve anything here so far because the economy will be stagnant

If it had been means to make huge money without going outside to hustle, I would support lock down, but reverse is the case. Things are expensive and the money making while sitting at home cannot even feed a person let alone entire family. So it's better there shouldn't be lock down. They should find another means to reduce the spread of covid 19. At least now, all most everybody is using nose cover and maintain distance with people.

Of course lockdown is only going to make matters worse. Since vaccines are available, it should be given to people and let normality resume again. A lot of things have been on hold or redundant because of these restrictions

That is so very true. It's a pity that other nations are still deadlocked or lockdown. This coming August 6 to 20 our country government will impose new lockdown. This is due to the fast spreading and deadlier variant of coronavirus called delta variant. There are already many people who lost their lives and loved ones due to this new variant.
It feels sad, to see people losing their lives due to this dreaded covid19 disease. It makes me feel more angry when I'm hearing news of its surge instead of permanent cure.

Lockdowns in my opinion is a complete waste of time in my country. During the first lockdown, there was untold hardship among people and the politicians were hoarding palliatives that should have helped. Complete mess.
I wouldn't say lockdown is a complete waste of time in my own country because as far as I'm concerned lockdown has helped to limit the spread of coronavirus pandemic during the time that it was spreading very well.

Of course lockdown is only going to make matters worse. Since vaccines are available, it should be given to people and let normality resume again. A lot of things have been on hold or redundant because of these restrictions
You might be considering your work and your business,m in this case but you do not consider the life of people, any decision that the government is making is trying to protect the interest of everybody.

The impact of previous lock down on the economy and the resultant effect on the survival of the general populace was so devastating that the economy and the people have not recovered from the impact up till this moment. So I'll say government should not contemplate any lockdown but rather focus more on the total population getting vaccinated.

I'm against further government lockdowns. Firstly, because one thing we learnt last year was that the draconian lockdowns did not actually flatten the curve of the Corona virus pandemic, people died regardless. My question is why implement a system again which did not work?

Secondly unlike last year when there were no vaccines and the medical experts didn't know what they were dealing with, there are numerous vaccines which purport to reduce the chances of contracting the deadly virus.

Thirdly, the world economy is just picking up steam after the sudden halt of last year, plunging the world into another lockdown may invariably lead to economic crisis is many countries. For example, in Nigeria the majority of the population exist from hand to mouth on a daily basis, that is they cannot provide for themselves and loved ones if they do not go out to work. Imposing a lockdown will have serious consequences as it may lead to riots and hunger.

In my country, the govermment has yet once again imposed lockdowns and I know this is just one of the many series of lockdowns we have been facing since the covid outbreak in the last year 2020. I do not know when this will end, but it will not end any sooner.

In my country, the govermment has yet once again imposed lockdowns and I know this is just one of the many series of lockdowns we have been facing since the covid outbreak in the last year 2020. I do not know when this will end, but it will not end any sooner.
It's crazy, but it seems like the lockdowns have come to stay. For me, I think the focus in developed countries have shifted from health concerns, so much so that the pandemic is likely being used to increase governmental interference in the life of citizens. What do you think?

It's crazy, but it seems like the lockdowns have come to stay. For me, I think the focus in developed countries have shifted from health concerns, so much so that the pandemic is likely being used to increase governmental interference in the life of citizens. What do you think?

Some people have said that this situation will not end any sooner and now I believe that lockdown will remain for a really long time. The cases of covid-19 are not declining and the situation is pretty much the same as 2020.

The impact of previous lock down on the economy and the resultant effect on the survival of the general populace was so devastating that the economy and the people have not recovered from the impact up till this moment. So I'll say government should not contemplate any lockdown but rather focus more on the total population getting vaccinated.
Well I am actually not a pro lockdown person because I have seen first-hand the negative effects that the lockdown has had on the economy and I am of the opinion that starving people would kill people faster than any disease so it would be in the interest of any country to relax dialogue down and instead commonpoint modality for people to go about their normal business and limit the likelihood of contracting the coronavirus to stop

Metro Manila is on a lockdown of 2 weeks starting today, August 6. Our suburban town is not included but we cannot go to the metro unless we have the proper permits to show in the checkpoint. The economy will once again slow down because the lockdown in the metro had closed many businesses.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds