Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Listening to sad songs while feeling sad

Advertisement Placeholder
I try not to listen to sad songs, as they will likely make me feel sadder. I like to rock out when I'm feeling sad.

Headbang Rocking Out GIF

I tend to listen to sad songs when I am feeling sad about something.
Once I have sat for a bit in my sad feelings, I'll put some upbeat music on to lighten the mood.

Do you listen to sad songs when you feel sad to enhance the feeling or am I the only alien here? xD

Or do you choose to listen to something cheerful?
You're definitely not alone in this. When I'm sad and listen to sad songs, it makes me cry, ugly cry, and I feel better afterwards. Same for when I'm mad, angry, enraged, frustrated. Some metal to scream along with and I'm better after a couple songs. I think it's normal? Better to let it out this way than drinking or other drugs to try to run away from the feelings, no?

Definitely! Getting drunk or taking drugs to get rid of such feelings is the worst decision one might ever take.
It's best to sit with it and deal with it. I'm not saying everyone who takes to alcohol or drugs is trying to forget about feelings and often times our sad/angry feelings pass without having to do anything but in my personal experience, listening to the same music as my mood, helps dealing with most of it. :)

That being said, I listen to happy music too lol. But usually podcasts.

It's best to sit with it and deal with it. I'm not saying everyone who takes to alcohol or drugs is trying to forget about feelings and often times our sad/angry feelings pass without having to do anything but in my personal experience, listening to the same music as my mood, helps dealing with most of it. :)

That being said, I listen to happy music too lol. But usually podcasts.
True. Music heals me as well. It's a major part of my life. I can't imagine a day without listening to music at least once. I mostly listen to feel good, cheerful or motivational songs which is why my mood is mostly stable.

I used to do this when I was young.

For example, get dumped by a girl I was into. Then binge listen to The Cure.

On the surface it sounds like a stupid thing to do, but it was therapeutic to listen to depressing lyrics that I was at-the-moment relating to. Kinda like a surgery - this is gonna hurt right now, but you will heal faster once we're done, lol.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds