Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Life Changing Experience

Website
offtopix.com
Credits
Tell us one/some of the most life changing experiences you've ever had?

Shocked Oh No GIF by Yêu Lu

Advertisement Placeholder
Shooting a guy that killed his common-law wife right after he killed her. His family was a friend of my dad, and she was a grade behind me in school.
Was just the final link in the chain that showed how transient life was and you need to live it to your best and not worry about pissing others off.
One minute she was having fun at the club with her new (and younger) boyfriend and a few minutes later she was laying on the ground with a .38 caliber projectile embedded in her brain and her brain oozing out of the hole and staring at you with dead eyes.

Last edited:
Age ~1-2: i clearly recall crawling under the dining room table following my little brother when suddenly 💥 awareness of being an individuated self began realization.
(*Though obviously at that age i was entirely lacking requisite comprehension capacities.)

Age 19: December 31st 2005, 31 night cycles til my 20th; a girlfriend's troubled 16yo brother locked himself in the sleepout/garage meters from where we & 2 friends were getting drunk celebrating new years.

Was self employed at the time, so groggily worked the next day and got back after 17:00hrs...

...usually gfs little bro would be waiting to pester me for a sesh(*weed)—except there was no sign of him.

i asked "where's he at?"—the answer "he's been in the sleepout all day".

[Still bothers me that his family didn't seem concerned about that at all]

Something felt wrong so i went to check up on 'em but got no reply.

Couldn't see him through the single window, couldn't open/unlock the door, so i went to the far end garage doors to try peep through the gaps...

... really difficult to see anything at first—but i did eventually see an unusually creepy silhouette.

Took a moment to process the sight...and i think also due to freezing in shocked disbelief...til it hit me...

...admittedly i had no clue what to do—must've gone into autopilot because i bolted to the locked sidedoor (*grabbing an axe on the way) and proceeded to smash it enough to shoulder barge through.

Didn't know he had also barricaded the door with furniture until bowling through at full speed sending sh#t flying everywhere.

And there he was...strung up from the rafters by an electric cord.

Although i avoided acknowledging something crucial for a couple of years afterwards...

..the experience eventually changed me most significantly once i finally accepted the realization that i failed to hear his silent pleas for help—even though i was vaguely aware right up to that night.

A week later, at his wake, the morning of his funeral, i was abruptly awoken @~03:00hrs by something i still can not explain.

Suffice to say, it was a truly terrifying experience.

US ARMY Basic Training, Ft Knox, KY. Talk about a wake up call! Turned my life around.
I’m always impressed with the US army. How long were you in it?

I’m always impressed with the US army. How long were you in it?
24 Years. US ARMY ARMOR Branch. Started out on M60A3's transitioned to M1's, to M1IP's to M1A1's to M1A2's. Started out as a driver, worked my way up to Gunner (E5) to Tank Commander (E6) to Platoon Sergeant (E7), was chosen by the Battalion Commander to attend the prestigious Master Gunner Academy (Top Gun for Tanks). Spent time as a Company Master Gunner (responsible for gunnery training/testing/certifying 14 Tank crews) and Battalion Master Gunner (responsible for gunnery training/testing/certifying 58 tank crews) and Battalion Operations (S3) NCO. Last duty assignment was Instructor at the Master Gunner Academy for both M1A1 and M1A2.

24 Years. US ARMY ARMOR Branch. Started out on M60A3's transitioned to M1's, to M1IP's to M1A1's to M1A2's. Started out as a driver, worked my way up to Gunner (E5) to Tank Commander (E6) to Platoon Sergeant (E7), was chosen by the Battalion Commander to attend the prestigious Master Gunner Academy (Top Gun for Tanks). Spent time as a Company Master Gunner (responsible for gunnery training/testing/certifying 14 Tank crews) and Battalion Master Gunner (responsible for gunnery training/testing/certifying 58 tank crews) and Battalion Operations (S3) NCO. Last duty assignment was Instructor at the Master Gunner Academy for both M1A1 and M1A2.
That is aspiring. 🙏

Finding a woman that truly cared for me unconditionally.
I was in a really bad place in life with an enormous amount of drug use (nothing too crazy but mostly smoking weed 24/7, doing molly, shrooms and acid on a consistently basis) and just being lazy and unclean. That woman provided a foundation that I could build upon and I quickly turned my life around in terms of motivation and cleanliness.

That first time when I was told the C word... Cancer. Not knowing how much longer you might have to live your life is scary, and not knowing how bad the treatment will be to try to get rid of the cancer is also scary.
I’ve done treatment with many of my friends as well as watched others, and I tell them all “YOU” were and still are a strong woman/man to go through that you don’t sometimes realise when you have it, but everyone should.

Hope this makes sense 😬

I’ve done treatment with many of my friends as well as watched others, and I tell them all “YOU” were and still are a strong woman/man to go through that you don’t sometimes realise when you have it, but everyone should.

Hope this makes sense 😬

Totally makes sense!! The fear of how bad treatment is actually plays a huge part on how a person can handle it. The treatment, of course, is totally barbaric and we need better modern medicine for sure!

Were you Maverick, Goose, or Iceman? 😎 Didn't know that about you. Pretty cool Bob!
Bob’s full of surprises 😎

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds