Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Learn multiple languages

I think the big reason I want to learn another language, is so I can finally travel to other countries. I've mostly only ever traveled in the states and since I speak English, it's really all I know. I wouldn't mine learning more Spanish and maybe Japanese because I'd love to travel there one day.

Being able to speak the language of any country that you want to travel to is always going to make it very easy for you to adopt to that country whenever you travel there.

It is always very frustrating when you cannot be able to communicate simply because you have a language barrier with the people living around you.

Advertisement Placeholder
It is all about your ability to focus on learning a new language. You can't even say that it is impossible, but for someone like me, I can't really deal with learning a new language because I don't have spare time to walk the talk at the moment. So, while I would want to learn a new one at the moment, it will be difficult doing so now.

Learning any language isn't impossible as long as there's a means to have a teacher or tech which will help you to learn. Determining on learning a new language is what you need to get it right.

I love to learn multiple languages. A of now I only know English + two more Indian languages. I'm looking forward to learn Korean & Spanish next.

Learning multiple languages is something that is always going to be beneficial to you especially when you are the kind of person that likes to travel to other countries or even you're the kind of person that socializes online very well. There is always a chance of connecting with someone who's from another country that speaks another language and you can easily be able to communicate in that person's language with him.

It is always very frustrating when you cannot be able to communicate simply because you have a language barrier with the people living around you.

If you try to use Google translate like most people I know do to communicate with one whom they can't understand their language, the interpretation will not be very correct which will affect the discussion. It's why learning those languages are vital. It will be easy to type them on your own.

I wish I would have learned when I was younger. It is easier to learn new languages if you are under the age of 10. My parents never pushed me to do it. My wife knows some Italian and French because of her parents.

Yeah, that's very correct. In fact, it's a lot more easier for you to learn just about anything when you're younger. Being at a younger age, the brain is very open to master anything with so much ease. Learning anything as an adult is very difficult.

I do love to know more languages. Yo know that feeling "of he is the dude" when you speak other peoples language with them 😏😏. As it stands now, I only know my dialect and English and that marks the finish. I will love to know other top language like the Spanish, French, Chinese, British and lots more.

Learning any language isn't impossible as long as there's a means to have a teacher or tech which will help you to learn. Determining on learning a new language is what you need to get it right.

Yeah, that's very correct. Whenever you are willing and determined to learn a new language, even though you are old but if you commit yourself to the resources which you are supposed to work with and learn that language, it is not going to take a very long time before you will start understanding and speaking those languages.

I know English from my native environment, and as for Spanish, yo tengo tres semestres de clases de español en universidad. Yo entiendo, pero no hablo rápido suficiente. Sueno como un hablante de inglés. (I took 3 semesters of Spanish classes in college. I understand, but I don't talk fast enough. I sound like an English speaker.) The teacher of my third class bragged that we would be fluent after the end of his class if we applied ourselves, but sometimes I still forget words and the speed issue is still a problem. I probably could use some work with Memrise and Hello Talk to smooth out some of the kinks and more practice talking.

I tried to pick up some Greek from Duolingo but I forgot it all, and my attempts to learn Hebrew have so far been unsuccessful. I think I need classes in both of those languages in order to make any progress. It doesn't help that I want to learn 3 different versions of Greek (classic, modern, and Koine) or that Hebrew is a right-to-left language with an incomprehensible sound structure. :p

Other than that, I want learn some German so I understand Rammstein and other German metal bands. But I don't think I need to take that too seriously as that's just for fun, and I can be satisfied with working that language on a Duolingo level without digging into yet another class.

I do love to know more languages. Yo know that feeling "of he is the dude" when you speak other peoples language with them 😏😏. As it stands now, I only know my dialect and English and that marks the finish. I will love to know other top language like the Spanish, French, Chinese, British and lots more.

At least you already have in mind the languages that you want to learn. The most important thing for you to do now is to try and start making efforts towards learning each and every one of them.

I'm going to advise that you don't try and learn all of them at once but just focus on one of them at a time. When you have completed one, you can go into the next.

Yeah, that's very correct. Whenever you are willing and determined to learn a new language, even though you are old but if you commit yourself to the resources which you are supposed to work with and learn that language, it is not going to take a very long time before you will start understanding and speaking those languages.

Don't kid yourself mate. Learning and studying is hard. If it was very easy, why do some people drop out of school which isn't because they couldn't afford to pay their fees? It takes a great deal of commitment and resilient to learn a new language.

If you try to use Google translate like most people I know do to communicate with one whom they can't understand their language, the interpretation will not be very correct which will affect the discussion. It's why learning those languages are vital. It will be easy to type them on your own.

Using Google Translate is never going to work for someone who is interested in learning a new language. There are so many better language learning applications that you can use which is going to offer you a more current learning resources. They will help you to master a new language faster than what you can be able to do with Google Translate.

I use English as a working language and my mother tongue for daily communication. I have the desire to learn other languages,I once even tried to learn French, however, I do not have time to learn a new language. I have to focus on brushing up my existing language skills to earn better.

I use English as a working language and my mother tongue for daily communication. I have the desire to learn other languages,I once even tried to learn French, however, I do not have time to learn a new language. I have to focus on brushing up my existing language skills to earn better.

English was the second language that I learnt. My mother's language or tongue is Igbo language. It was the first language that I learnt how to speak before I started learning how to speak English, going to school to learn more and perfect it's writing too.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds