Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Largest Forum?

Credits
What is the largest forum you've ever owned or just been a staff member on?

The largest forum I've ever owned would be a sports forum that I had created on ProBoards back in July 2009. The forum had right around 100,000 posts, before I restarted it on phpBB. I guess the largest forum I've been a staff member on would be FP.

What about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
I would have to say that the largest forum that I have ever been on as a staff member would have to be the forum that I'm on right now (Website Forums). This forum currently has 4,132 members, Messages:14,609, and 1,951 discussions. This is one awesome forum in my opinion.

I would have to say that the largest forum that I have ever been on as a staff member would have to be the forum that I'm on right now (Website Forums). This forum currently has 4,132 members, Messages:14,609, and 1,951 discussions. This is one awesome forum in my opinion.

Well, that's pretty cool. WF really isn't that big, but we're growing.

Have you owned any forums?

Well, that's pretty cool. WF really isn't that big, but we're growing.

Have you owned any forums?

I had some forums years ago on freeforums.org, but never on a paid host. I had a very cool moderator on a promotion forum that I started. He was a great young guy. :wink:

I've also had blogs too, none at the moment.

I had some forums years ago on freeforums.org, but never on a paid host. I had a very cool moderator on a promotion forum that I started. He was a great young guy. :wink:

I've also had blogs too, none at the moment.

Who are you talking about? :tearsofjoy:

As far as free forum hosts go, FreeForums.org was probably the worst. Last I remember, they automatically purge forums that go without any activity for a certain period of time. That's why I'm thankful I started out on ProBoards. I can go back and look at the forums I was on ten years ago. It's great whenever I want to take a trip down memory lane. :p

Who are you talking about? :tearsofjoy:

As far as free forum hosts go, FreeForums.org was probably the worst. Last I remember, they automatically purge forums that go without any activity for a certain period of time. That's why I'm thankful I started out on ProBoards. I can go back and look at the forums I was on ten years ago. It's great whenever I want to take a trip down memory lane. :yum:

I'm talking about you. :tongueout:

FreeForums.org was the worst, but I did learn a lot and was part of some cool projects. I haven't done that stuff in eight years. As you know, I just got back in the game recently.

What forum? :tearsofjoy:

I legitimately have no idea what you're talking about.

Weren't you a moderator on my old promotion forum called Ad Me Please on FreeForums.org? I hired a guy with the username Cameron back then, and still remember him. He was a hard worker and a member of forumpromotion.org, just like you and me.

Weren't you a moderator on my old promotion forum called Ad Me Please on FreeForums.org? I hired a guy with the username Cameron back then, and still remember him. He was a hard worker and a member of forumpromotion.org, just like you and me.

I didn't join FP until 2010, and I wasn't really in that niche before then. I might have been on a couple ProBoards advertisement forums, but I don't remember being on any FreeForums.org ones. It was probably someone else, but I don't know. I've been staff everywhere though, so who knows.

I didn't join FP until 2010, and I wasn't really in that niche before then. I might have been on a couple ProBoards advertisement forums, but I don't remember being on any FreeForums.org ones. It was probably someone else, but I don't know. I've been staff everywhere though, so who knows.

That's right. It couldn't have been you. Thanks for reminding me. I remember when you joined FP back then. Wrong time frame by a few years. It was someone else on staff there then, but I don't know who though. lol

The largest forum I've ever Co-Owned and managed had around 700 members and 20,000 posts. It taught me a lot about managing a community and some of the skills I learnt, I still use today

I co-owned a large Xbox website called Xbox Evolved, it had a pretty large forum a few times.
I admined a large board with 2 Million posts that at one point had 20 thousand members. It was slimmed down to 3k members.
I now own a large board myself with 51,558 Threads, 538,860 Posts, and 14,662 Members (Slimmed down from 100k members)

The largest forum I've ever Co-Owned and managed had around 700 members and 20,000 posts. It taught me a lot about managing a community and some of the skills I learnt, I still use today

What happened to that forum? Does it still exist?

I co-owned a large Xbox website called Xbox Evolved, it had a pretty large forum a few times.
I admined a large board with 2 Million posts that at one point had 20 thousand members. It was slimmed down to 3k members.
I now own a large board myself with 51,558 Threads, 538,860 Posts, and 14,662 Members (Slimmed down from 100k members)

You own a very large forum. Those are fantastic statistics!

What happened to that forum? Does it still exist?
Sadly not. It was based on webmaster services and we had some quite creative ideas at the time but activity began to dwindle down as the likes of ForumPromotion and some other new startups began to dominate the niche and we closed down about two years ago; A very sad loss but it did teach me a lot and I'm grateful for that.

Sadly not. It was based on webmaster services and we had some quite creative ideas at the time but activity began to dwindle down as the likes of ForumPromotion and some other new startups began to dominate the niche and we closed down about two years ago; A very sad loss but it did teach me a lot and I'm grateful for that.

That's unfortunate, but that's how things go, I guess. What was the forum called?

I was co-owner of Promotion Boss. It had about 30,000 posts, if I remember correctly. That was my largest forum.

I am obviously members of other big forums (Warrior forum, Digital Points forum, Forum Promotion etc.), but I was never a staff in those forums.

I was co-owner of Promotion Boss. It had about 30,000 posts, if I remember correctly. That was my largest forum.

I am obviously members of other big forums (Warrior forum, Digital Points forum, Forum Promotion etc.), but I was never a staff in those forums.

Totally forgot that you were involved with that. Promotion Boss had plenty of activity on it at one point in time.

Yes. My partner was Milksheikh. However, I left later on, as I had some differences with him on how to run the forum.

It was probably an alternative to Forum Promotion, no doubt. We had a pretty active forum and it was doing well.

Yes. My partner was Milksheikh. However, I left later on, as I had some differences with him on how to run the forum.

It was probably an alternative to Forum Promotion, no doubt. We had a pretty active forum and it was doing well.

Yeah, I was one of the founders of Supromote, if you remember that forum. Promotion Boss was our big competitor back then. I remember milksheikh too. Haven't heard from him in forever.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds