Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Join the forum, get a free sticker!

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
What do you think about this idea?

You'd need a budget for this.

Offer free stickers to members of the forum. You could make a cool sticker that would relate to your niche and offer one sticker per member.

The cost would be stickers, postage, and envelopes. International postage can be a little higher.

Do you think this could work for forums? People like free stuff.

Advertisement Placeholder
I love stickers, but personally I don't think the cost of postage is feasible. What if you get a good problem of 1k new (actual people) members coming in? You'd need to send 1k stickers to people all over the world lol. If it were tied to a premium membership though, that might be doable.

I hope I'm not being negative. Just sharing my opinion.

There are many providers that will help you with this. The cost is not mammoth. But if you are serving globally, that could have an impact on your budget.

I love stickers, but personally I don't think the cost of postage is feasible. What if you get a good problem of 1k new (actual people) members coming in? You'd need to send 1k stickers to people all over the world lol. If it were tied to a premium membership though, that might be doable.

I hope I'm not being negative. Just sharing my opinion.
I don't think you're being negative :)

I think you bring up a good point.

Maybe stick to premium or even after they hit a certain amount of posts. Treat your active members if you will :)

That definitely sounds like a plan. Special treats for premium members can help retention.

I don't think stickers are costly. I can get 500 of them for around $25. If you have 1K members worldwide, the postage will indeed be justified from the returns.

That definitely sounds like a plan. Special treats for premium members can help retention.

I don't think stickers are costly. I can get 500 of them for around $25. If you have 1K members worldwide, the postage will indeed be justified from the returns.
I buy stickers 100 at a time for about $60. That includes shipping and the best material, modification, and it's made in the USA.

I don't profit though. I give them away.

But I like the idea of giving them to premium members. I think that could help add a benefit worth paying for.

People love free stuff!

Also helps in branding. People would certainly Google it up if they see a FAF t-shirt.

I think you need to be witty about how you market the shirts.

For example, I put #BLUFFAGE on my merch for my hiking brand.

I made up the word, started using it in all my videos and social copy, got other people using it.

Now you can simple google "bluffage" and it's mainly me or my Hiking with Shawn brand.

If you can do something like that - it's more interesting for others to want to know what #madeupkeyword means rather than "Come join FAF".

Thhhptttppppttttt...
T-Shirts/wearables are where you want to be

Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 1.47.25 AM.png

Offer them out as "special" items... or even make them available for purchase.
Can you give as many out "freely" as with stickers? Nope.. but I can promise you that the impact (if they are worn) are much higher than ANY sticker stuck on the ass-end of a vehicle that most people pay NO attention to. And hell... even I will wear a free T-shirt out in public. And they tend to get well more attention than any sticker.

One piece of advice I will give you... order only ONE shirt/sweater beforehand.. the warts in the design will show up quickly. The sweaters that I ordered the actual website address on the front was TOTALLY unreadable.. on the back it was simply OK due to the material of the sweater. The t-shirts on the other hand were fine... and I made my orders via Cafepress.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds