Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Issuing a Cease and Desist

Website
craftercraze.com
Credits
Have you ever issued a cease and desist to someone? What caused you to issue the letter and was it within your own country or international?

I almost had to issue a cease and desist, but the mere threat of legal action was enough that the person needed and made corrections. The more the internet grows, the more you'll see people voiding copyrights and trademarks, so knowing the law and how to be effective in threats of enforcing the law are necessary.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never issued a cease and desist aginst anyone. I have had a lot of instances when my intellectual properties were stolen, however, I have never gone beyond sending an email ask ask to remove the content. Some people complied, where as some peopke turned deaft. I had to file DMCA to remove the content.

I have never had to file DMCA against anyone to to remove my content that they copied completely. This is something that I have seen happen countless times online that it's gotten to the point where I feel its irrelevant for me to be making case for it. As long as my content have been indexed by Google, that's what's recognized first.

I have not, but I have had words with people who have copied my work in the past. My work probably wouldn't work out so well in terms of issuing a cease and desist, but I could go around and report the person for copying my work and using it elsewhere. That happened at a gig site for me, so I outed the person for stealing from me. Was fun!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds