Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is This Graphic Card Only Good for Collecting Dust?

Friendly Survival

Reputable member
Credits
Umm... My instructor gave me a new graphic card that decides to crap out it's nut onto my brother monitor's connector. (I thought EGVA products seems fishy with their "too good to be true prices"...)

With that GVA connector being roasted, do I have any uses for this piece of silicon (specs is the last line on the screen shot)? Or is it's GPU power suck as bad as well to be worth anything?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-12-12 17-13-50.png
    Screenshot from 2017-12-12 17-13-50.png
    403.9 KB · Views: 49
Advertisement Placeholder
Looks like I under estimated the value of this card. While now it clear it doesn't house too much GPU power it still a card and thus...

I understood now how to "DIY" one of the nuts back into the bracket so the VGA socket is back into gears. All you basically has to do is yank your defective card out of the system to gain the accessibly your going to need. Then screw it in as you would do with your thumb screws until it half "secured" into the defective's socket. Then finish the job with your trusty pair of priers. In small turns (as you won't be able to access 360 degrees of the nut itself) until it won't move anymore.

Overkill for this card? Maybe but you will thank me later when/if your own card decides to take a dump like this one did. :)

And I didn't say it was still a card for no reasons either, as it a great "PCIe tester" to boot. As I can simply install, boot, and if the fan spin up to speed then I know that the PCIe slot is not to blame. Otherwise it is indeed the slot. That way I don't need to waste time with RMAing a card when it could of been the motherboard instead.

Then if all else fails I could try "canceling" it out like for example replacing any missing nuts from another card and such from this card.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds