Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is there an age limit to how old you can hire?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I know that in terms of age, you must be 16 and older in some places and 18+ in other places depending on the job. But what are the age limits with older hires? Like, lets say you hire someone who's in their 80s. Do you feel that's wrong to hire someone so old? Or if they are able to do the work, it's okay? Is there a limit to the age that you'd impose? Like an age that shouldn't be hired? I think if they are able to work and are of sound mind, they should be able to work as old as they want. As long as you're not making them do hard labor or anything.

What do you guys think?

Advertisement Placeholder
I know that in terms of age, you must be 16 and older in some places and 18+ in other places depending on the job. But what are the age limits with older hires? Like, lets say you hire someone who's in their 80s. Do you feel that's wrong to hire someone so old? Or if they are able to do the work, it's okay? Is there a limit to the age that you'd impose? Like an age that shouldn't be hired? I think if they are able to work and are of sound mind, they should be able to work as old as they want. As long as you're not making them do hard labor or anything.

What do you guys think?
I think there should not be any age limits when you are hiring people because there are some who are younger than other staff but are doing much better than them.

It totally dependends on the type organization that render the service of hiring. Normally any body within the age 18 is entitled to all benefits of a Nation. In some organizations Even if you 18years and above they can't hire you anything if you don't have a bank record of savings.

There are things that is beyond the reach of children and inexperience persons.
If I were to set limitations It would be largely a function of the person's experience and competence.
There are things that is beyond the reach of children and inexperience persons.
If I were to set limitations It would be largely a function of the person's experience and competence.

the kind of age limit you would set is mostly determined on the kind of job you want the person to do, as some certain jobs require the worker to be of a certain age before they can get it done.

There should be an age limit to hire people into business. A business has many kinds and there's a standard of people require to perform some task. We should hire based on age for any kind of task available on business. For example, can a fifteen year old be a successful driver for company? In terms of strength or experience, he would fail.

I think there should not be any age limits when you are hiring people because there are some who are younger than other staff but are doing much better than them.

I live in a country where many underage children tend to work. The economy is incredibly bad and they have no other option either. Most of them reside in poor neighbourhoods.

I always feel very bad when I see underage children that hawk on a daily basis trying to make ends meets, it is really heart wrenching because they are only trying to survive

I do feel there should be some kind of age limit when it comes to starting work and I feel that is one of the good reasons that most countries have their own minimum age limit for when someone can be hired. In the UK children as young as 13 years old can do small jobs such as delivering papers and even in some cases, helping out at say local fish and chips restaurants for a small amount of money each week. Aged 16 and over is when they can move into more jobs such as retail jobs which I feel is ideal as in the UK, that is a school leaving age.

In terms of an age limit as to when people get older, I would say that depends and is the decision of the person wanting to be hired. I have known people as old as 90 who still work jobs because it's what they enjoy and they want to keep moving if they are able to do the job safely and to standard, I see no reason they should not be allowed to have that opportunity.

I don't personally feel that children should be allowed to work jobs below the age of 13 though at all unless it's those small chores that family members may give you for a little bit of money. which is quite normal.

There is a law in each part of the world that you can start working as long as you are eighteen years old and above , but some company don't normally follows that rules , they use small children for work because the salary being paid to them will be reduced .

People who are generally under 16 years of age should be in school and should not be working for up to a certain hours. I believe that this kind of laws is to protect them against exploitation.

There are limits to the age of people that I can hire because if I decide to hire older people, they will not do the job well because they no longer have enough strength to do so.

There is no legal regulations per say, especially for private businesses. But Why would you be hiring someone in the 60s bracket. Maybe for advisory roles.

In my offline business, I do not have an age that is more than 30 years . I choose between the age range of 20 to 30years and this is how I have been doing it for quite a long time.

In my country you can start working when you are 15/16, I am not sure right now. Also it depends on the difficulty of the job, you can't become a construction worker until you are 18.

In my home country, it is illegal to hire anyone below the age of 16 because country law treats them as underage. However, there are no rules for the upper age limit.

What do you guys think?
I don't think so. Age doesn't say anything about your skills. You can be 60 and others can be 20, and you can still have good skills. I think that age doesn't really matter unless the job requires lots of physical activity.

Above 60-year-olds are sometimes an asset to the company because of the vast work experience they have and they are rather very understanding and productive.

It depends on the kind of work though, but let's be honest no one would want to hire someone that is in their 60s, 70s or even 80s simply because they no longer have that much strength compared to the younger ones and at that age, you would not be able to boss them around the way you would other staffs.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds