Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is Rap Music Responsible For Violence?

wasi90lk

Addicted member
Credits
I am not a hater of hip hop genre. But there is a part of me that believes that rap genre is responsible for many of our social problems.

Let's face it, many of the rap songs today are all about gangs, drugs, sex etc.

I am not bashing the genre itself, but I think many rap songs today are quite unproductive and dangerous.

Discuss here.

Advertisement Placeholder
Absolutely no, rap music has literally nothing to do with violence? Are terrorists listening to rap music and saying, yeah lets kill these people because it says lets kill them? Stupidest thing I have ever heard, rap music doesn't increase violence but sometimes its used to calm yourself down or relate to the actual rap song.

Terrorists are terrorists because they are brainwashed by someone or something.

Similarly, I feel that rap genre often encourages people to become rebels.

That is not to say, rap genre itself is bad; all I am saying is, certain rap songs are bad.

I do agree that some rap songs can be bad, but then again they don't help increase violence nor are responsible for it. But, I can see what you mean by it being violent, etc.

Personally I feel that, songs can influence our behaviors. Video games, movies, music - these three are often responsible for how certain people behave.

In some ways, they can change our emotion or behaviors but not for long. I sometimes feel sad and when I listen to a nice upbeat song I start feeling upbeat and happy again.

Personally I think that our long term behaviors are often the products of how much we embrace media. So I would love to believe that rap music has some influences over gang violence and other related activities.

Yeah, I agree media can surely change someones view on something. Such as ads for a specific campaign, such as Obama vs Osama Bin Laden ( Example). Obama could have a advertisement saying, would you really want a former terrorist to be your president? I wouldn't, so I would automatically go for Obama.

Yes, media can do a lot to improve our society. Unfortunately, today's media is all about profit; they really do not care about values or well beings of society.

That is not all true, some media shows / news do care about our society. But most do care about their profits and all the money they are going to make / make.

Rap music has definitely changed over the years. Modern rappers nowadays can really influence people. However, not all rappers rap about bad things.

Yeah, I also agree. Eminem raps about good things sometimes and sometimes he raps on killing his wife or something like that. I like thrift shop song and also some more of other songs made by other rappers that are nonviolent.

@lludawg

Yes, there are probably some meaningful rappers. For example, Tupac was probably a very good rapper who rapped about decent stuffs.

Rappers like Lil Wayne are just unproductive in my opinion.

I am not a hater of hip hop genre. But there is a part of me that believes that rap genre is responsible for many of our social problems.

I am not bashing the genre itself, but I think many rap songs today are quite unproductive and dangerous.

Discuss here.
Is music the cause of violence? Do guns kill people? Maybe, the games are murdering people!? :O

As far as I know, objects don't go on violent rampages. It's people that go on violent rampages. Perhaps, we need to take a deeper look on the culture that fosters inappropriate and violent video games and music instead of blaming the content itself.

I'd hate to break it to you, but songs involving these things stretch beyond rap, and are now making their way into dancepop, electronica and teenage pop.

It is the very reason why I stick to rock when possible. Rock doesn't have any of that nonsense.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds