Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is promotion required?

D

Deleted member 403

Do you think the promotion should stop at a certain stage? Or do you think the promotion should always continue no matter how big your forum grows?

Advertisement Placeholder
If you have achieved what you intended while running advertising, I think you can stop the promotion. For example, if you were planning to get 1k members and if you got 1k members through promotion, you can discontinue promotion.

for me, it should always keep going, growing up never stops and analytics being up to the sky always is a cool thing, i get it that at some point, members do the promotional side, but any effort will surely come up with a result

I believe there is a certain stage that the public will start doing the promotion for because of the reward the get from your forum

It should be a continuously one provided you stay on to run the forum. You might have a plan to reach 10k members and you finally reach the number you craved for. It is possible in the future you'll lose many cos of irregularities of attending to higher paying gigs offline. In order to continue generating high traffic for the forum you nerd promotion all time.

You have a point. You may get desired number of members on your forum after the campaign, but these members may be inactive or leave the site, so you need to continuosly promote.

Promotion that you are talking about, i take it to mean that you are giving incentives like additional bonuses for referring people to the website and likes of promotion in that category? Just asking

From my point of view, when I have gotten enough members, therefore reached a certain stage, I personally would prefer to stop the promotion.

I think it should carry on if someone deserve that promotion as you are supporting person for his hard work and it will be rewards for your team member and I can't see any harm in it.

A promotion should be stopped as soon as you get your target. But again if you know you can manage or handle more than your target then it shouldn't be a problem getting more than your target. Its called expansion, and expansion doesn't hurt instead it breeds more profit.

In my own humble opinion I would say that when it comes to the promotion of any Enterprise, it should be a continuous thing because there is no way that a business or a forum will grow up to that it would still require promotion.

Coca Cola has a huge market yet it spends billions of dollars in marketing campaign. Why is that? The only reason is it wants to constantly remind the customers.

I think promotion is something that must be going on constantly. The reason is that it will keep reminding the old customers about your products as well as spreading awareness among the new customers about your business.

For forums, I am not sure. In my experience, I have done promoting and it has not worked well whereas a friend of mine did the same and his forum blew up. I made use of YouTube videos with links back to my forum. One video has over 40k views but I have not noticed and increase of new members from my efforts.

For me promotion is most important and it needed anytime but you can spend less time once your website have your targeted visitors and you want to increase it slowly by doing little promotion.

I think you can stop advertising if it achieves what you intended. For example, if you intend to get 1,000 members and the promotion gets him 1,000 members, you can end the promotion.

Since Google Drive is totally free and very helpful, I was curious why you would need a substitute. Microsoft Office has comparable features, but you have to download it to your computer.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds