Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it even worth going to college these days?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Do you think it's even worth going to college these days? My student loans are going to start up again, as the Covid restrictions are up for college students to start paying their student loans off. Anyway, I hated going to college, felt like at the time it was a waste of my time and even now I think it's a waste of time and especially your money.

With the way college tuition goes up in the states, it's crazy to think anyone can succeed through college. Do you think college is still important? Or do you think it's mostly a costly waste of time?

Advertisement Placeholder
In the UK it is very much worth going to college. Between the ages of 16 and 19 your college is funded by the government and nowadays, you need to have certain qualifications to even be able to stand a chance at any job so it is always wise to make an effort to go to college when you leave school to be able to get qualifications behind you that will help you later on in life.

In the US I can understand why many may wonder if it is worth it with the fees.

Going to school is very useful. If you can afford it, make sure you do because of the endless opportunities it will give you when they start coming. There's high rate of unemployment which is why some question if it's still relevant for school and the answer is yet. You will not lose anything for going to school apart from the money you paid but you will lose everything should you skip school.

No what's happening today, I will always be in support of the education and going to school. Yes, I know there are some people who didn't go to school but are successful financially and some people who went to school but are still struggling, it still doesn't change the fact that knowledge is power and you get some good percentage of it from school.

To be fair it's not like I see if there is a bad reason for not going it's just that my country doesn't really make education a very interesting and fulfilling way to approach life.

To be fair it's not like I see if there is a bad reason for not going it's just that my country doesn't really make education a very interesting and fulfilling way to approach life.

I know that a lot of people are discouraged because of the high rate of unemployment and lack of job opportunities not being created by the government which is why people don't seem to take going to school very serious in my country today. But I believe that with education, you have a chance of banking on an opportunity whenever it comes up because you already have the certificate that is going to make it possible for you to take part in it.

I know that a lot of people are discouraged because of the high rate of unemployment and lack of job opportunities not being created by the government which is why people don't seem to take going to school very serious in my country today. But I believe that with education, you have a chance of banking on an opportunity whenever it comes up because you already have the certificate that is going to make it possible for you to take part in it.

With education, you are sure that you can grab an opportunity once it presents itself. You can meet people who are okay with letting you deal with a situation because you are quite educated. You also want to get a job as long as you have the qualifications. So, when I see people talk about not going to college again, I begin to wonder what they meant.

With education, you are sure that you can grab an opportunity once it presents itself. You can meet people who are okay with letting you deal with a situation because you are quite educated. You also want to get a job as long as you have the qualifications. So, when I see people talk about not going to college again, I begin to wonder what they meant.

Exactly! This is why I will never write off education for any reason whatsoever. It will definitely come in handy one day, so having the certificate, skills and knowledge will be in your own interest whenever the opportunity to take advantage of it comes up.

I have heard about the price of university enrollment in the United States, it is exorbitant, in my country the university enrollment is not so expensive, I think it will be around 5000-6000$ counting every year, but the data reflects that my country more than 50% of young people have studied at university, and after finishing the career they do not find work from what they have studied and end up working on something else, Not to mention the high unemployment rate in my country even though it is from the European Union

Last edited:
I have heard about the price of university enrollment in the United States, it is exorbitant, in my country the university enrollment is not so expensive, I think it will be around 5000-6000$ counting every year, but the data reflect that my country more than 50% of young people have studied at university, and after finishing the career they do not find work from what they have studied and end up working on something else, Not to mention the high unemployment rate in my country even though it is from the European Union

This is the reality in my country too. I know at least 5 guys who studied mechanical engineering in university here but today, they are all working as bankers. The fortune one's got to the level of bank managers. Some people have been discouraged to pursue university degree as a result of this because most of those who graduated are unemployed.

This is the reality in my country too. I know at least 5 guys who studied mechanical engineering in university here but today, they are all working as bankers. The fortune one's got to the level of bank managers. Some people have been discouraged to pursue university degree as a result of this because most of those who graduated are unemployed.
At least those guys you say ended up working in a bank, here or you end up as a waiter, cook, or working in warehouses, I do not say that they are bad jobs, but it is not what they studied, and that discourages, imagine studying engineering as you comment, and spend 10 years working as a waiter after finishing your degree.

Exactly. A lot of former college graduates that I've worked with can't seem to get the job they went to school for or can afford to pay off their student loans. I find it frustrating because I feel these colleges are taking advantage of the youth and then drowning them in absurd debt and not helping them get the job they studied for. Hell, these colleges don't even pay their teachers a fraction of what they're making off of in house financing. It's just another case of people getting ripped off.

At least those guys you say ended up working in a bank, here or you end up as a waiter, cook, or working in warehouses, I do not say that they are bad jobs, but it is not what they studied, and that discourages, imagine studying engineering as you comment, and spend 10 years working as a waiter after finishing your degree.

It's definitely going to be depressing when someone find himself in this kind of situation. Looking at the amount of money spent to study mechanical engineering in the university but only to settle for a waiter's job. There's nothing you're going to tell that person it's worth it going to school.

If it's not because of how expensive it is for education, no would think twice about going to school. Education empowers you which is why it's so important. It's because many people don't wish to take student loans and find it difficult to pay it off is why they never went to school.

Exactly. A lot of former college graduates that I've worked with can't seem to get the job they went to school for or can afford to pay off their student loans. I find it frustrating because I feel these colleges are taking advantage of the youth and then drowning them in absurd debt and not helping them get the job they studied for. Hell, these colleges don't even pay their teachers a fraction of what they're making off of in house financing. It's just another case of people getting ripped off.

You have said it all and it's very frustrating that something like this have been going on for decades without anyone do anything about it. The system keeps getting enabled by the government and families keep finding themselves in debt because of student loans. Only if its possible for people to do without education, everyone would be happy.

You have said it all and it's very frustrating that something like this have been going on for decades without anyone do anything about it. The system keeps getting enabled by the government and families keep finding themselves in debt because of student loans. Only if its possible for people to do without education, everyone would be happy.

I feel like it's an illusion that colleges sell and it doesn't line up with the real world. A lot of business' are now hiring people right out of high school at extremely low pay (hourly) because those people aren't licensed. So they train and "certify" those people and pay them what they want, which isn't any where close to what a college grad would ask for. They do this to work around college grads who put in the time and got licensed to avoid paying them the maximum amount of money. In doing this, these business' are "playing the field". It's all about buy low, sell high.

I feel like it's an illusion that colleges sell and it doesn't line up with the real world. A lot of business' are now hiring people right out of high school at extremely low pay (hourly) because those people aren't licensed. So they train and "certify" those people and pay them what they want, which isn't any where close to what a college grad would ask for. They do this to work around college grads who put in the time and got licensed to avoid paying them the maximum amount of money. In doing this, these business' are "playing the field". It's all about buy low, sell high.

They do the same thing here in my country. It's worst in the banking sector. Over 90% of their employees are all hired on contract of maximum 2 years. They are all hired with the least qualification in either high school certificate or just an ordinary National Diploma. They will short pay you and not give you any chance of being promoted.

It is very important to gain knowledge in life, if you do not go to college how do you suppose to learn? Well, a lot of people will tell you that you can always self learn. Self learning can be good but in absence of classroom discussion how do you learn practical use case of the knowledge you gained.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds