Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

is it ethical..

flame

Reputable member
Credits
i have a conundrum - and another one of my slightly paradoxical issues is coming up in that i have issues self promoting lol

i have a twitter account and a relatively well known person who is sort of in the public eye has exchanged some tweets with me. just general stuff as they have moved into my area. anyway they seem to be happy retweeting peoples requests for things like competitions etc - and they have 6000+ followers

when it comes to relaunching my forum would it be reasonable to ask them for a retweet about it or will that make me look like a selfish user who is currying favours?

Advertisement Placeholder
Moved to Web Marketing as this is about 'marketing' and promoting your website really. :p

On topic though, I wouldn't call it unethical at all. Many people do it, infact many people pay others to re-tweet their site around. I wouldn't have a problem doing it and if this person is happy doing it for others, why not you? :)

haze could you please move this to web marketing? I think it'd be more suited there....

Edit -You beat me to it...

flame I think you should ask them, if you've happily done exchanges in the past they're probably not going to mind doing a retweet for you- they may need you to retweet something on your account in the future. Other web people can't see that you NEED something(its not as though they can se your body language or facial expressions), you have to ask for it- even if it does sound like you're "currying favors".....

i just have this thing about not wanting to be a hanger on out for crumbs lol - i mean the person does seem really nice and several local people have met them and said how "real" they are so i will probably ask - i mean it cant hurt and it would certainly get the name out there.

next evil plan find out what race meeting john mccririck is at (not cheltenham unfortunately cant afford it) and stand behind him with a logoed t shirt on lol

haze could you please move this to web marketing? I think it'd be more suited there....

Edit -You bet me to it...

flame I think you should ask them, if you've happily done exchanges in the past they're probably not going to mind doing a retweet for you- they may need you to retweet something on your account in the future. Other web people can't see that you NEED something(its not as though they can se your body language or facial expressions), you have to ask for it- even if it does sound like you're "currying favors".....

Beat you too it on this one Sam, haha.

Sam is right though Flame, he explains it better than me.

yeah all i have to do is get a couple of million pounds together then i can sponsor a premier league football team to wear it on their shirts - or is that getting a bit ahead of myself lol

i just have this thing about not wanting to be a hanger on out for crumbs lol - i mean the person does seem really nice and several local people have met them and said how "real" they are so i will probably ask - i mean it cant hurt and it would certainly get the name out there.

next evil plan find out what race meeting john mccririck is at (not cheltenham unfortunately cant afford it) and stand behind him with a logoed t shirt on lol

I'll ask them to rwtweet for me. Just don't ask them favors too many times. Now that would be abusing their good will

i think once for launch would be ok - i mean obviously i am hoping they will come and have a look at the forum themselves, love it, join it, and provide me a lifetime of free advertising but on the realism front i will still to one for launching lol

i think once for launch would be ok - i mean obviously i am hoping they will come and have a look at the forum themselves, love it, join it, and provide me a lifetime of free advertising but on the realism front i will still to one for launching lol

Yep, ask that one time for the launch, they may happily comply and ask you a favor in the future. You never know

I'd hope they'll ask you a favor this way you can call it even and ask for another RT down the line lol

I am in a similar situation, I have made a friend on twitter who works for numerous websites such as g4tv and mtv, she has 135,000+ followers and I'm sure if i asked her for a retweet I'm sure she would be happy to. Just ask them and who knows, you could get a few hundred new members

I don't think it's such a huge imposition. I mean if you came to me and asked if I could tweet/like your site, I'd do it in no time. it doesn't take effort and let's say it doesn't cost anyone money. So consider asking for this, should be OK and it would really help out the site, that's for sure

Well I did ask but was not retweeted unfortunately - but I am building my twitter presence over all and getting out there which is the important bit.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds