Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it appropriate to employ your family member into your business

Utilizing relatives in your business can alternately be both a gigantic assistance and some of the time an obstruction. Concerning me, I will rather give my relatives open positions outside my business as opposed to utilizing them into my own business, since they may and most if the occasions not work as they ought to be cause we are family.

Advertisement Placeholder
It's good that's only if the person is worth giving a shot.... Some extended family member can use that influence to mismanage or misuse that opportunity.... Some carry out the activities of the business as if they don't care though some help in giving your company or business a solid foundation

Concerning the question is it appropriate to employ your family member into your business, there is nothing wrong in employing your family member into your business, as long as they are experienced and qualified for the job, and to make sure that they follow the rules and regulations of the business

Will your family members perform the task assigned to them? Will they be punctual and effective in their workplaces? Do they need the job or it seems like you're doing them a favor? There is nothing wrong if they can do what you require of them ,but there is something wrong if they just want to be seat warmers.

I have seen the Chinese family that works together in the family business. There are restaurants manned by family members not only in our country but also in Singapore as I have seen them. It depends on the personality of the family members. If there is cohesion, cooperation and coordination among the children then the parents can always hire them to work in their family business. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Yes it is appropriate the employs family member to the business but it only depends on how discipline the person is and also it depends on the persons business experience. Employing a family member to the business will develop or create more maximum love in the family.

I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?
I would say in most cases it's not advisable to employ your family member in a young business especially. This is because even if the person is performing under your expectations, you can not sanction him or her like the way you would have done to a non family member when he does something wrong.

This is a very big trial and error in full play because anything can happen and such Should affect the business negatively then it is not advisable
If you are sure that emotions with not come in between business and a family member then you can employ

its better to have a relative who reports to a supervisor who will have the authority to question and discipline them. I will definitely have a family member working for me when am running a big corporation where those relatives can have other people in the system.

Family growth is one of everyone assignments. Family members who are not selfish will do everything to make sure their own business grow. Because it belongs to them. I will rather start business with a family member than a friend or anyone else. When things get bad you will return to your family, so when things are better I will still be with my family.

It is perfectly legal to hire and work with family members. However, since kinship in the workplace can be a divisive issue, it is appropriate to develop strict policies that prevent any preferential treatment.

The main issue is to ensure that everyone is given a fair play and works according to the rules of the company. Family or not, someone who will dupe you will still do. So employing someone you trust is important. If the business owner can maintain the orderliness in his work for all members of staff and do not give any informal space to relate with the family member, i think it is not bad.

It is okay as long as he or she got the right skills and mindset you want in your company. But most times, we are often biasa about our decision cos of family and the saying that family will always come first.

I think every business should have a requirement for employment for workers. Once a person meets that requisite to entitle them to being employed then they get employed whether or not they are family members. Where a person doesn’t meet such requirements then such person shouldn’t be employed.

I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?
@Robrown83 it worth thinking. Employing your relative may turn out to be a bitter experience or a sweet one. Personally, I can consider employing my relative but he or she must have a track record of loyalty and of good work ethics.

Yes of course , it is good to hire our own family member in our business.But you are aldo right our family member can also hurt us but seldom it comes true. Anyway we can hire our brother or cousin also it is appropriate decision. Employing family members in your country is appropriate but it's not advisable as this can cause problems being that you can't really discipline family members as they will feel so powerful and very pompous in the organization.

A wise business man once said "never employ family member in your business. Family member can be employ in a business but they need to be taught the difference between family environment and businesses environment. Some family member will decide to do and undo a lot of bad things since they believe their family member own the business and from there the business start dying. Some steal company funds and will not be sack

Yes I can but it's all have to be for the good of the business, my family member must have something to offer to the business for the growth of the business. If not, I'd prefer I place you on a monthly stipend than have you mess things up for me.

It is quite appropriate. Only the learned, experience and a goal oriented one among them which consent, support and hands could bring effective growth to the business. But if one knows that kind of person he/she might be, then one can employ or do the other wise. All I can say is that it's the person personality that could tell if they worth been employed or not.

I don't prefer to hire them in my business , to be honest my familly members are not the category that have this business mind , there is just desinterested and they are all want to work for Governement and I cannot rely on them .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds