Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it appropriate to employ your family member into your business

Yes you can just let the person have a feeling of belonging to the stake holder and make sure you give such fellows role to play to depict that by doing so the fellow will work effectively and don't pay the person less than what is obtainable for the specific role.

Advertisement Placeholder
As for me it's not proper to employing your family members into your business because have had the experience before and moreover don't ever try such with ur family because they will be the one to see the end of you business and they will handle the business as family business and believe the list that will happen is settlement

Elmmm it's appropriate because you also have help him particularly by employing him as a worker and he is trustworthy to you further more your relationship will be more tighter than the other workers.
And even do it might be your family members that help you in your business when you lack.
So you also have to pay them back with good.

According to me I don't believe it's really proper to utilize ones relatives into it's Business, reason been that some of them may believe it's our uncle it Aunt's Business and they reserve the privilege to do in any case without getting endorsed for their activities and of you say Jack they will assemble family conference on your heafy.

It is not advisable to employ a family member when starting a new business because you won't be strict with them when dealing on business, i strongly don't recommend it, when the business has grown up then you can employ whoever you want.

Employing a serious family member in your business is not bad but it's bad when this your family member is not serious because
You just have to keep an eye on him or her because you know you can't sack him
You just have to be taking to him but for me I will choose to employ my female family members, they can easily be controlled.

I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?
Employing a family member into ones business is not a bad idea but the issue of familiarity breeds contempt is bound to be experienced in such business. If the business owner can maintain the orderliness in his work for all members of staff and do not give any informal space to relate with the family member, i think it is not bad.

Personally I don't see anything wrong in employing your family member if such a person as the required skill and attitudes towards the business.

Of course, it is very appropriate. We rise by lifting others especially family. It wouldn't speak well of you having a way to help your family members and you won't help. All you have to do is set boundaries, he/she should know the work being employed to do and their shouldn't be a preferential treatment.

I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?
Well there is nothing wrong with employing family members into your company. The main issue is to ensure that everyone is given a fair play and works according to the rules of the company. In business there is nothing like family everybody must work to build the company or else it will fall.

It's not a bad idea to employee a family member for your business, I know it as ruin some business and also help some business moving good, but sometimes it depends on the agreement between both parties, when there is rules and regulations that guide the business such a family member should adhere to it and if not for the sake of not ruining the business I will like to release such family member.

Yes it is appropriate to employ your family member into your business if the person shows a good level of dedication and trust. Family or not, someone who will dupe you will still do. So employing someone you trust is important.

Most times, employing a family member into a business is risky. However, one still have a sense of security in the business employing a family member. Nonetheless, one there should be a standard of operation in a business. Setting up a standard that wouldn't leave out anyone either a family member or another person.

It is appropriate a time it is not appropriate ay time because when you have a family member in a business it can help you monitor the business very well and at times the person may not take of the business very, it is advisable to have a family member in your business so that he can have the advantage of been a family with you

It is not bad at all to hire or employ in your business to your family member. It is good to hire your own relative or family member , the interaction and loyalty by him will be fine. So do not take in to negative. Very rarely it happens that your family member does unpleasant things.

Like judee commented above, anyone who meets your qualifications for a job can employed. You have to make it formal. Give a job description and a possible contract to sign. Family and emotional disposition should be kept aside. Being a little informal isn't bad though

I don't think it's really appropriate to employ ones family members into it's Business, reason been that some of them might think it's our uncle it Aunty's Business and they have the right to do any how without getting sanctioned for their actions and of you say Jack they will call family meeting on your heafy
If we appropriate the employs as a member of our family .The employer thinks that the business is mine and he/she works hard . But some of the family members didn't want grow your business so avoid those employers.if we employ a person who is behaving like a family member with us so we need to hire that employ.

I can say it's not advisable to employ a family member to your company as a employee.the reason is that he/she may not take work seriously because you can not fired him/her if you don't want to be call family meeting on. It's better to employ external that you will have capacity on.

No. As for me, it is not advisable to employ your family member into you business. There are lot of reasons connected to this. There are some things that may happen in your business and it is connected to that your family member and you wouldn't want to break the family tie, you'll just have to let go and with that decision, you are ruining your business

There is nothing wrong with that as far as the family member have an understanding of what he or she will be doing in the business and I can only employ a family member when he or she have a good understanding academically of the business we are going

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds