Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is an eCommerce site an asset or expense?

Mykel

Renowned member
Credits
What is the main difference between a benefit and an expense? Also, can you give me some examples of each? I'm really stuck on this. Thanks! Btw it is a clothing Business if that helps with anything

Advertisement Placeholder
An ecommerce website is just like an online shop for your business. So can a shop be an expense or benefit to you?
You know better. You can take a stock to know your total expenses and total income to know if you're in profit or loss.
You can adjust as needs may be.

In my view of things, what you call expenses becomes an asset since it is an investment. The benefits will be obtained as the profits of the clothing business increase, it is a set of assets.

In my own opinion, its an asset since it show cases your product and services. The world is going digital and we cannot be left out. Physical presence is no more necessary because of E-commerce

Simply
Cost: is everything that is sacrificed to obtain a service or benefit and includes "assets and expenses."
Expenditure: it is the part of the cost that has been exhausted during the period to obtain a return or service, for example, the salaries for the period

It is surely an asset since it is an investment made to yield more profits. There is no better time than now to get your ECommerce site up and running.

An asset if you making money, a liability if you not.
An asset is something that brings money into your pocket, if you not selling and you are still paying the fees for running the store and paying for domain you are losing, and that's a liability.

E-commerce business is a long term asset. Its can also be reffered to an asset because the larger your customers the larger your bank account. Hope you get that

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds