Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Inactive or missing staff

shamzblueworld

Reputable member
Website
awebmastr.com
Credits
What would you do with inactive or missing staff? Inactive is who doesnt do anything to help or promote, dont even post around much, and missing is someone you dont hear for a long time and is just disappeared from the scene.
What are the best solutions for treating such staff members?

Advertisement Placeholder
If a staff member would like to take an off from the duties, that's cool with me. But s/he should inform us before disappearing. Otherwise s/he is going to end up as an ex-staff member soon! :)

I don't mind as long as they tell me before hand, and as long as it is not for too long. However, if it happens suddenly then they will usually be removed after a couple of weeks. If, once they come back, they give me a good reason as to why they had to leave then I may give them another chance, but this usually only happens once.

Two of my moderator is somewhat like missing sometimes and the get back after two weeks and post some links and then gone again. so I decided to pm then whether they are still interested else I get to merge our account from then on. After few days, I still got no replies so I get into their accounts check they private messages and found out they are promoting something else and inviting people in the forum to join in theirs. so I merge our accounts and chose someone else on the forum thats loyal.

Don't wait till they ruin something in the forum

Two of my moderator is somewhat like missing sometimes and the get back after two weeks and post some links and then gone again. so I decided to pm then whether they are still interested else I get to merge our account from then on. After few days, I still got no replies so I get into their accounts check they private messages and found out they are promoting something else and inviting people in the forum to join in theirs. so I merge our accounts and chose someone else on the forum thats loyal.

Don't wait till they ruin something in the forum
You should do a small background check before you're recruiting staffs for your forum. Its people like this we don't trust anyone in online! :(

When staffs go missing or very inactive, I just remove their special privileges. I've done this to like 3 staffs that went missing on our forum. However, if before they went MIA, they already informed us about their action, then they'd still have their position till they are back.

I believe that a good relationship with your staff members start with an only-staff forum where there should be sticky thread making them know what you expect from them and allowing to ask questions or concerns they may have.

Some staff members remain inactive because they don't know until what extent their power on board are, while others simply want to help but don't know how.

In such sticky thread there must be a side note stating that whoever cannot remain active for a reason or have to go away for awhile should notify it.

Sometimes your staff could consist of students needing to prepare an exam, hence not full-time to devote to the forum for some days or weeks.

Other times your staff might have a family urgency, or job concerns that take them away, but it's their intention return.

In both cases, if you remove their staff privileges because you ignore why they are away, this may be truly frustrating for someone who wants to be good staff member, but for a reason was not active.

Now, if they are given with the opportunity to post a reason and they don't do it and simply depart, then you can proceed to demote them.

There is still a risk that they could not notify you, in example having to run to the shelter when a tornado approaches, but if they know in advance that their staff permanence depends on notify you, they will find their way to do it in a reasonable period of time.

In terms of staff I generally only ask that they let their fellow team know they are going away for a period of time. If about two weeks goes by and they haven't said anything then I'll get in touch with them and by the months end if I haven't heard from them then they get the boot.

My reasoning for this is obviously because I think if you can build a strong relationship with your staff they are more happy to work and less likely to leave.

I'd want my staff to let me know if the intend to either leave their position or take some time off just so that I know what's happening. Nothing annoys me more than when people just take off and don't let people know that they indeed are having a break or just cba working for the forum/blog anymore.

Believe that has actually happened with a few staff here before, we had to give them the boot for just dissapearing!

I'd want my staff to let me know if the intend to either leave their position or take some time off just so that I know what's happening. Nothing annoys me more than when people just take off and don't let people know that they indeed are having a break or just cba working for the forum/blog anymore.

Believe that has actually happened with a few staff here before, we had to give them the boot for just dissapearing!
Thats why I am quitting the promotion niche, staff were just way to unprofessional, leaving when they want and when I was about to kick them they would just comeback and tell me some random excuses :S I mean how long does it take to write a pm that you will be gone for some days , no reasons need to be specified.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds