Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Inactive forum owners

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
Who creates a forum with the intent of being inactive?

Too many larger forums fail because the forum owner becomes inactive.

I think some forum owners assume that once their forum is capable of moderation from team members and active participation from members, they can become inactive.

But the idea of such is baffling to me to say the least.

Why create a forum in first place if you plan to become inactive later down the road?

I'd always want to be active on my forum, no matter if it's the size it is today or 2,000,000 posts big.

How do you all feel about inactive forum owners?

Advertisement Placeholder
It is ok to vanish once in a while if you have a good team. Once the forum grows too big, there are many other responsibilities on your shoulder.

Big Board owners are less active in many cases and it has not impacted negatively. In fact, they get excused of being dragged into every discussion to override the staff.

I dont think I've been apart of many forums where owners weren't active but I know from my own experience that when I've been inactive on my forum, it does have an affect.

I dont think I've been apart of many forums where owners weren't active but I know from my own experience that when I've been inactive on my forum, it does have an affect.
I agree.

If I slacked off this forum, it would probably decrease in activity.

I feel that a lot of people come to forums to see the forum owner. I think it's important to be social enough on your forum for them to want to come for that.

I agree.

If I slacked off this forum, it would probably decrease in activity.

I feel that a lot of people come to forums to see the forum owner. I think it's important to be social enough on your forum for them to want to come for that.

God I hope my forum members to come to see me, thats a lot of pressure hahaha

God I hope my forum members to come to see me, thats a lot of pressure hahaha
I think a lot of them do come for the forum owner if he or she is social enough with them.

We're building communities out here but in reality, we're building friendships more than anything else.

But I also think once you establish an active forum, people are coming for each other and maybe not so much for you.

Friendships have been established already on the forum.

But this is where things often go bad for forum owners.

They see an active forum and feel like they can take a break and let the forum do all the community. That's when I see the most forum owners becoming pretty inactive and then it just turns into a habit for them.

I feel like we need to remain active as the rest of the community. We can slow down on creating new topics if they're doing the best job at it and just focus on replies and engagement. :)

I prefer active owners. I mean, I don't mind them being inactive a few days sometimes, but for the most part... I want to get to know them, you know?

I prefer active owners. I mean, I don't mind them being inactive a few days sometimes, but for the most part... I want to get to know them, you know?
I agree.

Life does happen.

On week days, I can't be as active as I want to. I work through the week and then do family stuff but I do try to at least login to the forum, welcome new members and reply to a few posts.

Every now and then I have days where I can't make it at all but I really try to ensure those days are rare.

But I've seen some forums where owners don't even login for weeks to months!!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds