Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

In need of a gaming computer.

Drew

Reputable member
Website
xenfiles.com
Credits
I'm looking for a gaming computer that can run some games such at GTA V but i'm not looking to pay a small fortune. Any ideas?

Advertisement Placeholder
I got my Alienware laptop which was £399 on ebay second hand but in brand new condition, it was immaculate. It's only an i5 but it runs GTA V maxed out very well. It plays BF4 maxed out to, although struggles a bit with BF5. Skyrim runs like a dream.

Edit: It doesn't get as hot as most people say in the reviews.

I got my Alienware laptop which was £399 on ebay second hand but in brand new condition, it was immaculate. It's only an i5 but it runs GTA V maxed out very well. It plays BF4 maxed out to, although struggles a bit with BF5. Skyrim runs like a dream.

Edit: It doesn't get as hot as most people say in the reviews.
I'm not a huge fan of second hand anything is the big deal for me :(

Oh yeah I know exactly what you mean, I'm the same. I felt so nervous from the time I clicked "buy it now" to the time it arrived but maybe I was just lucky because like I said, it was in immaculate condition, not a scratch and in the original box.

Oh yeah I know exactly what you mean, I'm the same. I felt so nervous from the time I clicked "buy it now" to the time it arrived but maybe I was just lucky because like I said, it was in immaculate condition, not a scratch and in the original box.
The last time I bought anything used was a used 1TB Toshiba portable hard drive and it arrived and there were names carved in it, scratched up, the USB port on it was so loose I literally had to ducktape the cord to it to get it to read, $115 USD down the drain!

Oh yeah, I would never buy a hard drive second hand, that's asking for trouble. Well the other option is to save up £2000 and buy one new, still worth the money!

I'm looking for a gaming computer that can run some games such at GTA V but i'm not looking to pay a small fortune. Any ideas?
I just built a GTAV (and streaming) capable machine for a friend.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/edenwax/saved/P6wgLk

If you're in the US, its not a bad price and I was pulling a stable 1080p 60fps on medium settings while streaming with no lag. I probably could have cranked the settings up a bit higher but the person I was building it for wanted it to stream so I was focused on that.

I really advise building your own vs buying a prebuilt from Best Buy - you're going to get something that lasts longer and is easily upgrade-able in the future.

Ive been doing custom builds for a while so if you have any questions let me know!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds