Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Image/flash ads or Text/inline ads?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
So which one do you prefer and why?

I prefer image ads always! Its always attractive and suits all my websites!
But in the revenue point of view, I think its best to choose both as an option. Sometimes text ads will get the highest bidder, so choosing not to use it is not a wise idea imo!
What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have yet to add ads to my website because of inquires with AdSense and PayPal.

But I'd put a sidebar and footer picture ad, then in-post ads for specific places, and an ad after the first post.

Always use an HTML wrapper to make it harder for AdBlock, then offer ad removal for $2.

oh ok.
I would recommend a 250x250 image/flash ads onthe upper side bar. It has a good CTR and lots of people are going to click on it.
Text links are ok if you placed it in the right manner. I mean you always get a good number of clicks, but the amount you earn will me less compared to the image ads! :)

I also prefer the image ads, they looks more better than the text ads. And to can earn more from my image ads, I am using CPM ad providers, instead of CPC networks, because the CPM networks are paying me for every 1000 banner views, even if my visitors are clicking or not their ads! So it is a much better earning method for me :)

None but as I always look what my members want i have to go with the image ads they are less disturbing then the text ads :)

I prefer menu link style ads and link blocks as they can be placed within actual article content or above to give a solution to a reader's problem. These units usually serve up relevant ads related to the content of the article. And, so long as you don't put any other distracting links within the article (that can get clicked on by the reader), you're likely to get clicks on these ads.

As for inline ads, they're very unattractive. And, though banners are pretty, they are distracting and come across as ad space more than helpful suggestions as links do.

I'd prefer text/inline ads, although if you create a AAMS you could generate much more revenue. Keep in mind user experience is a the first priority; so knowing that then immediately that kills the whole flash idea. Also flash and images don't always need to be together.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds