Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

illegible

Advertisement Placeholder
Same as you Sam! My iPad likes to just stick words in at random and make me sound like a freaky dude with issues! Hah!

I believe there is an option somewhere in the settings to turn off Auto Correct, I can just never be bothered to go looking for it lol.

often - and its nothing to do with ipads lol. one of the symptoms of fibromyalgia which i suffer from is brain fog - and another is the typing equivalent of dyslexia. some of the things i have posted over the years are completely incomprehensible - others are simple cases of missed words which alter the whole meaning (you try leaving the word never out of "i would never cheat on my husband).

one consolation is that spell check smooths most of the complete nonsense - and its not as bad as my verbal skills - my family are experts at interpreting the meaning of "i put the cat litter in the icecream" - and even friends understand me when i am reduced to grunting and waving my arms

It often happens when I try to send Text, typing my native language in English! I know disabling dictionary will be a solution, but I don't like to enable/disable it frequently!

often - and its nothing to do with ipads lol. one of the symptoms of fibromyalgia which i suffer from is brain fog - and another is the typing equivalent of dyslexia. some of the things i have posted over the years are completely incomprehensible - others are simple cases of missed words which alter the whole meaning (you try leaving the word never out of "i would never cheat on my husband).

one consolation is that spell check smooths most of the complete nonsense - and its not as bad as my verbal skills - my family are experts at interpreting the meaning of "i put the cat litter in the icecream" - and even friends understand me when i am reduced to grunting and waving my arms

:) Well the only people who really need to understand you are friends and family and we understand you just fine here!!!! Had to look " fibromyalgia" up- it's like a fatigue??? I think I can kind of relate to brain fog and severe fatigue- I had a case of Ulcerative Colitis (pretty disgusting if you want to look it up) after taking a drug- it caused a heap of blood loss over 10 days and then over 6 in another episode- at the worst of it my brain could hardly think and I would just sit there doing and thinking nothing..... :) But you're completely understandable to me so yeah :D

fibro is the fatigue but with alot of pain thrown in - when i say alot i mean when i broke and dislocated my ankle pretty spectacularly (the break was spectacular not the way i did it - i stumbled down 2 yes 2 steps) all the doctors and nurse kept worrying about my pain levels because i stayed on ordinary painkillers and i had to tell them that the break hurt less than the fibro, and the pain killers were far more effective on the break - the break was actually the least of my worries. unfortunately because the pain is due to brain cockup rather than actual nerve signals painkillers are not as effective as they should be - and i choose to use the lowest level i can - the bigger ones just leave me doped and i actually hate that - another people think me weird is i could have open access to morphine and refuse to use it lol

fibro is the fatigue but with alot of pain thrown in - when i say alot i mean when i broke and dislocated my ankle pretty spectacularly (the break was spectacular not the way i did it - i stumbled down 2 yes 2 steps) all the doctors and nurse kept worrying about my pain levels because i stayed on ordinary painkillers and i had to tell them that the break hurt less than the fibro, and the pain killers were far more effective on the break - the break was actually the least of my worries. unfortunately because the pain is due to brain cockup rather than actual nerve signals painkillers are not as effective as they should be - and i choose to use the lowest level i can - the bigger ones just leave me doped and i actually hate that - another people think me weird is i could have open access to morphine and refuse to use it lol

Sounds bad :( I would choose the lowest level of painkiller or any drug for something that isn't life threatening too.......

its not great my any means - but it could be worse, alot worse. it does totally cripple some people, leaving them stuck in bed or using a wheelchair - and i am not that bad by a long way. at the end of the day its my choice, curl up and cry about the unfairness of life or accept hits happens and deal with it. i have the incredible position of being alive at a time when the condition is finally being recognized as a proper physiological based one not an all in the head dustbin diagnosis many GPs have considered it, and at a time when the internet means although my outside real life connections are reducing i can still be active social and independent online - even if sometimes my posts are illegible

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds