Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

If you were to start a forum...

Advertisement Placeholder
I have a roleplay forum tentatively waiting in the wings set on a heavily-magical world with some Irish lore inspiration.

I also have thoughts on setting up a forum to discuss forum *software*, which is carefully and curiously different from, say, an admin forum.

I also have thoughts on setting up a forum to discuss forum *software*, which is carefully and curiously different from, say, an admin forum.
A nice intellectual exercise, but for community architects and builders, we have to be realistic with leveraging what is available today.

Don't get me wrong. It's always fun and nice to talk about what we would like, but forum administrators need advice on what to do. And there's very little of that happening in our shrinking corner of the world.

I’ve wanted a real debate forum for the longest time. I used to frequent a bunch of them around the time of the 2016 presidential election, but the moderation always swung really far to the left or the right. I would want all moderation decisions to be made by committee, and all forum staff have to be split 50/50 decided via iSideWith quiz. That would ensure members of different backgrounds would have equal representation, and moderation would protect the users as opposed to censoring the voices they disagree with.

At the moment I own two forums, one of them I co-own but the other I own. I own a Promotion Forum and I also own a Video Game and Video Game Content Creation forum as well.

I think if I were to ever create another forum, it would probably be a general discussion forum again. I did attempt to open one up earlier this year but a promotion forum felt better at the time than a general discussion forum if I am honest as you don't find too many.

Not sure if I will open a general discussion forum yet but it is something that would be different to my other forums in terms of the niche.

Currently I don't need to open another forum. However, if I didn't have any other communities I might want to try and make a urban exploration community. There used to be a forum alongside this website called Abandoned but not forgotten, where members would talk about their recent explorations at abandoned buildings and other places. The forum got hacked and was taken offline due to inactivity shortly after it was hacked... The website I believe is still up at least.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds