Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

If you had to cut one expense, what would it be?

Beverly

Renowned member
Credits
Of all the money you spend every month on hosting (or yearly on domains) and other related expenses, which expense would you most likely cut first if you could no longer afford it?

Advertisement Placeholder
I would cut on domains first, because my website uses 3 different domains at current time. However, I'm lucky enough that I wont have to cut on anything due to my website making enough income to cover all of the costs plus more.

I would cut on domains first, because my website uses 3 different domains at current time. However, I'm lucky enough that I wont have to cut on anything due to my website making enough income to cover all of the costs plus more.
Agreed. I have so many domains under me it is starting to get extremely expensive to renew them all the time. Most of them are just sitting there as well :'(

If I could, I would like to cut off the costs to advertise! Advertising on big sites can be expensive and sometimes it doesn't work too well so you could be wasting precious money.

Mine would definitely be the domain name first, at the moment I have a .com domain which is not one of the cheapest domains at all so knowing that I could have a domain a lot cheaper than a .com that would be where I would start if I had to make cuts. Any kind of paid advertising for a website, blog or forum would be second on the list for me if I was using paid advertising.

Mine would definitely be the domain name first, at the moment I have a .com domain which is not one of the cheapest domains at all so knowing that I could have a domain a lot cheaper than a .com that would be where I would start if I had to make cuts. Any kind of paid advertising for a website, blog or forum would be second on the list for me if I was using paid advertising.
Where do you get your domains? You make it sound like its costing you in hundreds :p
.com is roughly $8-$12 normally. That is also per year. No real expense imo.

It would probably be the domain cost, I will have to spend a lot on my domains.

Probably around $50-100 on my domains :/

I say...I would cut domains, I don't even understand why a domain would cost so much these days, domains should only be costly when some serious money is being made online. Domains should be $5 per year.

Outsourcing. It can easily set you back a good amount per month. This is particularly advisable to complete beginners and those with a tight budget. You can do things on your own at the beginning to save tons of money.

I too would cut advertising. The costs are very expensive and can always be done. You will still grow organically albeit slower. I wouldn't spend more on advertising than I generate from it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds