Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

If you could work from home

Senkusha

Recognized member
Website
www.animerpgs.com
Credits
I just created a topic on my own forum explaining this, but I know that there's no audience, so it's more like me just shouting at a blank wall. I figured I'd ask here to, and if you're interested in my rambling, feel free to look at my full length post.

Anyway, I've known for a couple of years now that I'm ready to change my work-life. I've worked in a warehouse environment for a long time now, and I've worked in an office environment previously. My body aches and it hurts to even walk anymore, and while I've been looking around at the various options available, I've also noticed the Job Market appears to be very brutal at the moment. Yesterday, my TikTok For Your Page (FYP) blew up with Work from Home jobs. That got me to thinking, maybe I just need a change of environment to something new, and I'm thinking that the Work From Home option could even be the New American Dream.

My problem is, I don't really know what I could be competent enough to do. I don't know how to translate the 30 years of customer service experience into a role where I'm mostly working alone as an individual. So, maybe if I ask around, and there are people who either do work from home already, or maybe others might have some ideas that I could look into, I might have a better chance for finding opportunities?

Advertisement Placeholder
I know I could DO customer service, but I don't want to deal with the micromanaging, quotas, and negative attitudes the customers have. I want to take care of my mental stability too. I've worked Help Desk in the past.

from march 2021 until december 2022 i worked from home as a civil servant, during that time i went into the office no more than half a dozen times. here in the uk we had just come out of lockdown, so for a good 2.5 years i spent very little time outside.

i developed a fear of going out and a strong desire to just stay in the flat. this caused me many issues, some of which i'm still dealing with now.

i strongly advise make sure that 2/3 days of the work week should be in the office.

thanks

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds