Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General I have noticed

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.
Ever tried phpBB? the permissions! gahhhh.🤬🤬🤬
Lol I was getting ready to post about how crazy the permissions are to get set up in phpBB. That was the first software I ever used, though it was on Forumotion. I had no clue what the heck I was doing, and just a few years later after creating my most successful forum in terms of activity, I still didn't get things right. Xenforo can be a bit overwhelming at first, but it's definitely not as bad as phpBB. Like Cedric mentioned, if you ever want to make the switch and run into any issues you can always make a topic here to get help and you could check out the Xenforo support forums too.

Ever tried phpBB? the permissions! gahhhh.🤬🤬🤬
My friend *cough* installed it in a forum and pretty much everything needs to be customized with FTP, it's pretty wild. And also all the options are in a table. It should be called phpTables :D

"back in the day" phpBB was da shizzle.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Although I still feel they have never really nailed a very good forum theme lol

I switched to xf after using mostly MyBB for years. I did spend the first day just looking through settings and am still finding new stuff in it.

It’s always a learning experience when you change software or even with major updates sometimes.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Unread Posts

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations