Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

I have an amazing idea for a social network

Shad0wz

Credits
I wont go into detail because I want to keep it private. It is something I can see being used by average joes as well as celebrities. This idea I have, however, is impossible for me to put into action because I have no experience on software development. Is there someone I can contact who won't take the idea and run, but actually be willing to work with me on creating it? I would imagine I have to pay. Should I maybe trademark the idea?

Advertisement Placeholder
I can probably help and I can't be bothered to run away with an idea that belongs to you.

However, you're smart not to go into details!

Feel free to message me!

EDIT

Replied to the wrong thread haha

And do you think it is worth trademarking or branding? Like so no one else takes it?

I wouldn't worry about trademarking anything. Even if you did trademark it, there isn't much you could do if someone cloned (unless they stole you code - or something similar to that) it. I'd look into a DMCA, though: http://www.dmca.com/

Thanks man I will. And yeah I was wondering. I mean I had this idea for 2 years now. I want to do something with it before someone else does haha

You can go about protecting some parts of it but if someone has more money and time than you do, they may clone the idea and then you would just look like the cheap rip off so be careful.

My recommendation- hire a developer/designer to put it together under your direction. Make them sign a contract saying that the concept is you idea 100%, and they are not allowed to disclose any information without your permission.

Once you feel that your site is ready for the public is complete, try to launch as publicly as possible- so that there is a record of it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds