Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to start out for etsy/amazon

Susan06

Renowned member
Credits
If one were to start out now and try to open an amazon store for niche products such as souvenir type products and salt lamps what would be the require steps to open the store and what would the costs be for an amazon store be in Canadian. Along with that what would the cheapest option be in terms of platforms that can have stores be made on them.

Advertisement Placeholder
Amazon has a complicated selling process because it offers multiple selling programs, do you want to do FBA or Amazon Merch, or KIndle or Associate program? each of these programs has different methods involved. However, etsy is fairly simple, sign up, create a listing, pay for your listing and your products will go live.

Amazon work has been complicated because their is competition in the market and their will always going to be competition in the market the only solution is to make your products special and attractive

I imagine both are fairly easy to get set up on. Amazon has many options available to you, but I imagine Etsy is a bit more limited. From what I saw at Etsy, you can sell products on there if you want. I don't think you need to go through the hoops you gotta go through to get set-up on Amazon. I can't imagine both take long to get set up, but Etsy would probably be easier. Also based on OPs Salt Lamps, Etsy would probably fit best with that. I feel Amazon probably is over-crowded with similar products, while Etsy might be easier to sell on.

But that's just an observation from me, so I don't fully know if Etsy or Amazon is better to sell on or vice versa.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds