Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How To Select The Best Leader For Your Business Department?

If I want to select a new business leader in any department for my business, I'll look for the top performing staff member who possess leadership qualities when he's doing his job. It's vital to choose one with leadership and management qualities.

Advertisement Placeholder
Firstly, the person must understand what the business is trying to achieve and be willing to sacrifice for it, not some talented dude who only needs to use his talents to get his next paycheck.

He/She must know every single detail of the business else some crooked staff who are always present in every enterprise will ruin the business. Asides that, the person must be very understanding when it comes to dealing with customer. The last thing I want is an authoritarian business leader who will react rudely to one of my business customers and cost the business to lose the customer.

As long as an employee standout amongst his mates in the company, the staff is always going to have more chance of being selected as a department head. This is how it's been done in all the companies that I have worked. I have been chosen as a departmental head that same way.

In many companies, they have the culture of hiring a person from within the group of employees who could lead others. However, this may not be the case all the time. This is because management may think that employees will not give respect to such kind of employee who was elected as a leader from within the group of employees.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds