Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How To Rent Out Your Garage?

Good-Person

Captain Junkie
Credits
When it comes to renting out property, you may not necessarily need to rent out the whole house. You could rent out some specific areas of your house. This is why some people tend to runt out garages when it comes to renting a space. So, how do you rent out a garage?

Advertisement Placeholder
if you have a garage and you are cash strap, then this could be a very viable way of making money for yourself without even having to spend any money at all as the property is there for you.

Check out the prices that other garages and parking spaces in your region are selling for. The rent can be adjusted based on the dimensions of your garage and its location. Good images of your garage can help potential renters notice it. Check that the lighting is adequate and that the garage is clean and well-organized.

You can rent out your garage only when your property is located in a commercial district and there is a scarcity of parking space. I do not own any kind of parking space.

In the US, each state, county or city/town has laws pertaining to garage rentals. Most garages are not built as a dwelling, and there is no running water or hvac system, so it poses a threat to those who think they can reside in such a building. Landlords don't always look into what the law says since they have dollar signs in their eyes.

My aunt once rented a converted garage into an apartment, and it was an awful little place. I'm not even sure at the time if it was legal, but the landlord made money off he.

To answer the OP's question, look to see whether your local laws allow garage rentals. If they do, a site such as Zillow is probably your best bet to get the word out.

I am not sure what the process would be for a garage. I am assuming you would rent it out as storage space? I am sure this is legal in most areas but I don't know the process for it. I would imagine it is similar to horses. Where you pay a stable monthly to keep and feed your horse.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds