Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to promote a website/Forum

Advertisement Placeholder
I usually find forums based on word of mouth or signature/directory viewing, and those are also my primary ways of promoting my own forum it seems.

I've never been a big fan of most social media, so I've never really utilized it to promote my site.

I tried using Google AdWords at one point to promote my site, but it didn't really work in my favor. Otherwise, I don't believe I've ever spent a penny to promote my forum.

I was always curious if Facebook Groups would be helpful, especially since the discussions there can be so good but would be better if organized on a forum! Like the book groups I'm in - I'm like geez, this could have been a lot of fun on forums... but bleh D:

@Cedric I can kinda understand because they want to advertise their software forums... just frustrating because we could be a forum for all forum software! Would be cool to be able to somehow get connected to all these different softwares somehow, but it is hard to find the semi active forums in the mix of the dead forums as well. Wish the directories were a bit more cleaned out/organized.

I was always curious if Facebook Groups would be helpful, especially since the discussions there can be so good but would be better if organized on a forum! Like the book groups I'm in - I'm like geez, this could have been a lot of fun on forums... but bleh D:
Honestly I have a very active fan group that's based around a Youtuber. I tried making a forum and having it co-exist with the group, but only 20 out of the thousands of members who are in my group joined the forum. This was before Discord was as big as it is, but we do have a Discord server that one of my members in the group made. I just don't know if promoting your forum in a group will do much to bring in more members. You'll probably get some guests to flock over to the forum, but most of them will probably be just Facebook bots.

@Cedric I can kinda understand because they want to advertise their software forums... just frustrating because we could be a forum for all forum software! Would be cool to be able to somehow get connected to all these different softwares somehow, but it is hard to find the semi active forums in the mix of the dead forums as well. Wish the directories were a bit more cleaned out/organized.
It's next to impossible to get members of a Facebook group to leave the group/groups and join your forum. People on Facebook groups have a very short attention span and I think most of all like the immediate feedback Facebook offers. No other way around it. Far as advertising your forum using Facebook ads have never once brought me any kind of gain. Simply a waste of money.

Being an active member and also a staff member in the forum world again, I find I am active on a lot of forums and if I am able to I will advertise in my signature and in my profile the sites that I wish to promote.

I also use social media as much as I can but at the moment, I do need to build up my social media account so that it works a little better but when I have shared links to my site on my video game content creation Twitter with over 800 followers, I see the difference it makes.

I have never paid for any kind of advertising and would refuse to do so unless I am making something back on the forum, then it would more than likely be an investment.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds