Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How to improve google ranking?

Claraviolet

Renowned member
Credits
My site is ranked fourth in both bing and yahoo.
But, in google, my site's rank is 17 or so.

How can I improve my google ranking? Also, how come the ranks varies to this extent?

Advertisement Placeholder
Google is the toughest Search Engine to get a high score in. Google takes things like mobile friendliness and a higher standard of keyword into account. For whatever reason, Google puts huge stock in mobile friendliness, so I would recommend you make sure your site passes as many mobile friendly tests as possible.

A lot of SEO work is done in posts like this. To get a good SEO rating, your forum should contain a lot of words that are relevant to what your forum is about. If I posted the word, 'Webmaster' 10 times in this post, it would help the ranking for that specific word. Be knowledgeable when making posts and make sure people are posting a lot of on topic and helpful posts.

To improve your Google Rankings, you will need to put a lot of dedication into your forum. As already mentioned above, it is difficult to improve your Google Rankings however it is not impossible.

• Mobile Friendly: Google Rankings now judge if your site (forum) is mobile friendly or not. With mobile phones taking over the world, it is important your site is responsive as it holds an big impact towards your Google Rankings.
  • Regular Advertising: Another important part in improving your Google Rankings is to regularly advertise your forum on social medias, popular websites, promotion forums and it makes an impact.
  • Quality Content: You're less likely to get a decent Google Ranking if your site is full of less-quality posts or spam posts. So make sure your forum has quality posts and NOT spam or unprofessional posts in the main sections.

I agree with all of them. Mobile friendly sites is now ranked higher than any other websites. Also I would suggest you have lot of quality back links to your site. And last but not the least you will need to have quality content in your forum.

The biggest thing other than making sure your keyword usage is good are backlinks. You need dofollow backlinks from high ranking sites, Google it for more info on that.

I got my old site ranked extremely quickly with backlinks.

Google is the toughest Search Engine to get a high score in. Google takes things like mobile friendliness and a higher standard of keyword into account. For whatever reason, Google puts huge stock in mobile friendliness, so I would recommend you make sure your site passes as many mobile friendly tests as possible.
Like adding a mobile theme?
If so, our forum does have a mobile theme :D
The biggest thing other than making sure your keyword usage is good are backlinks. You need dofollow backlinks from high ranking sites, Google it for more info on that.

I got my old site ranked extremely quickly with backlinks.

Backlinks are having a negative impact on a site, these days, according to some recent reviews :(
So, I haven't really worked on that :(
Also, signature advertising isn't allowed in most of the cool forums :(

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds