Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How to get comments on a blog post?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
I recently read a post about this in forumpromotion and thought of sharing it here. There is one particular point which took my attention.
sometimes people don't want to be the first person to comment
What do you think about this? I think its kinda true and I have had some posts which a have a lot of comments and a lot of them without a single comment.

Anyway there is only one way to find it out :p
I am going to try and make comments on my own blog with fake profiles, lets see if this brings any comments!

Advertisement Placeholder
LOL! What you would be doing is grey-hat and black-hat methods of driving traffic. For that to work you'd have to use a VPN or at least some sort of IP changer to post since traffic count is by IP.

If you want people to contribute to your blog, you not only have to write interesting material consistently that people want to hear about, possibly bribe people to go to your site and post and you also have to leave open ended discussions in which people will feel compelled to respond.

Perhaps say something controversial and blatantly wrong. Then people will get mad and post.

Then you also have to find a way to promote your site and all that. There are tons of theories and reasons.

LOL! What you would be doing is grey-hat and black-hat methods of driving traffic. For that to work you'd have to use a VPN or at least some sort of IP changer to post since traffic count is by IP.

If you want people to contribute to your blog, you not only have to write interesting material consistently that people want to hear about, possibly bribe people to go to your site and post and you also have to leave open ended discussions in which people will feel compelled to respond.

Perhaps say something controversial and blatantly wrong. Then people will get mad and post.

Then you also have to find a way to promote your site and all that. There are tons of theories and reasons.

Its kinda grey hat if you ask me, but again, this is not for driving traffic or anything as such. I just want people to comment in my blog! For that purpose I think this will work.

Also I am getting good amount of traffic and the bounce rate is considerably low, still very few comments like I said.

I see your point on why you have chosen to post yourself, I myself have been in the same situation before, seen a blog post I would like to comment on but being the first person to comment has put me off. If you are willing to do that to see if it works and you feel it will not affect your blog in anyway then I would go for it just to see if it works. You never know if something will work or not unless you try it.

Have you also thought about maybe sharing your blog with people you know who maybe would be willing to help out and post on the blog for you aswell who are not concerned about being the first person to comment?

I don't understand this social stigma of posting first. Unless your profile has specific details that leads to showing who exactly you are, then I don't see how that matters. I mean, the point of the internet is so that you can do things with more anonymity than irl. Just don't link your Facebook or put sensitive details at first if you think pessimistically about the legitimacy of the site.

But yes, you shouldn't have to ask someone to comment on your blog. People should feel compelled enough to want to post there regardless of if they are first to post or seventh.

You can try to post in other blogs and hopefully the writers of those blogs will comment back.

You can also buy comments on Fiverr.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds