Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How to deal with non paying cleints

Credits
So, I know a lot of questions and such has been asked and answered here before on this forum. However, I came across an exchange of emails between a client and somone who does design work. I wanted to show you a quick way someone dealt with his client. Made me laugh.
a_56_20140130070522.png

What are your thoughts an opinions?

Advertisement Placeholder
This is H-I-Larious!

I'm lucky enough that all of my clients pay and pay on time (not counting chargebacks), but I still get e-mails and messages asking for free services - sadly I'm not as creative as this designer when it comes to retorts so there aren't any funny ones I could share :(

This is H-I-Larious!

I'm lucky enough that all of my clients pay and pay on time (not counting chargebacks), but I still get e-mails and messages asking for free services - sadly I'm not as creative as this designer when it comes to retorts so there aren't any funny ones I could share :(

Hey, can I get some free st00f? :D

After doing a bit of digging myself on the story, half of me wants to believe it, because I have been in this situation before where I've done work for free with the promise of future payment, in order to get a startup off the ground. It didn't get off the ground. It didn't have the resources, advertising, and staff it needed. It's still around, but it's still on the ground as far as I know. Maybe someone picked it up and put it on the table, but that's as far as it's gotten off the ground. Anyway, the other half is split to 25% wondering if it was a joke between friends that turned sour when payment wasn't made for work performed, and the other 25% thinks back on all the bad attempts for internet fame that were poorly attempted and poorly handled afterwards and wonders if this is similar. On the whole, though, I tend to believe David's side here.

On that note, if clients refuse payment, don't perform any more work for them. If they're a current services client, suspend the services until payment is made. A grace period is a given, though, for me. It's a tough economy and I understand everyone has emergencies sometimes and life just happens, and I'm not going to take down your site because you had a health emergency and couldn't pay your bill this month. If you can't pay the amount within the near future, I'm sorry, but I can't perform charity design and hosting, you'll need to find someone that works for free, because I have expenses too. And I only extend that understanding to existing clients, not new or potential clients. If you can't pay the deposit but offer promises of future payment, I'm sorry, but 'investor' isn't one of my career choices at the moment.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds