Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How to create a forum with the intention of selling it later?

lludawg

Reputable member
Credits
I am interested in creating a forum and selling it in the future after getting some traffic to it to make some quick cash. Is this a good idea? Have you done it before?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never done it before, although I believe it can be done. It really depends on what niche you are focusing on.

No I haven't... It is also unwise to advertise your intention to build a community to sell. The majority of forum sales, and I'm making an educated guess here, see the forums activity go down (at least for a period of time). Members don't want to waste their time on a forum if it is going to be sold.

That being said, I do notice that successful forum flippers:

- Use a premium board software like Xenforo, vB or IPB. Seriously. That seems to add around $100 to a forum if the license is "not included".
- Use PostLoop and other methods to boost forum activity during the sale period.
- Ensure that there is a good amount of search engine hits to the froum.
- Purchase a good domain.
- Try to get accepted into BSA. That adds a lot of value to a forum as well.

I think it'd be wiser to flip a blog with a few articles than a forum. It'd be a quicker sale as well, because there's little to no interaction with the blog users and therefore you don't risk users leaving due to the sale.

Most forums are made because the owner believes it can last, and they are sold because the owner has lost interest or the activity has lessened on the forum.

No I haven't... It is also unwise to advertise your intention to build a community to sell. The majority of forum sales, and I'm making an educated guess here, see the forums activity go down (at least for a period of time). Members don't want to waste their time on a forum if it is going to be sold.

That being said, I do notice that successful forum flippers:

- Use a premium board software like Xenforo, vB or IPB. Seriously. That seems to add around $100 to a forum if the license is "not included".
- Use PostLoop and other methods to boost forum activity during the sale period.
- Ensure that there is a good amount of search engine hits to the froum.
- Purchase a good domain.
- Try to get accepted into BSA. That adds a lot of value to a forum as well.
Thanks for the info. So I am guessing it takes time and patience to create an actually good forum before it can be sold. How long would you think? I am guessing months, maybe a couple years before buyers would be interested.

Thanks for the info. So I am guessing it takes time and patience to create an actually good forum before it can be sold. How long would you think? I am guessing months, maybe a couple years before buyers would be interested.

Not really. You could possibly flip forums after building them up for a month provided you get around 2000-3000 within that time period. However it wouldn't be all that profitable... You *might* make $50-$100 after expenses.

Not really. You could possibly flip forums after building them up for a month provided you get around 2000-3000 within that time period. However it wouldn't be all that profitable... You *might* make $50-$100 after expenses.
By 2000-3000 do you mean visits/views? Anyways, I am a fan of taking risks so it could be worth a try! I am guessing the best types of forum to flip would be a promotion forum huh? I mean, I would love to create a music forum but I feel like it would be much harder to gain members compared to a promotion or maybe general forum.

By 2000-3000 do you mean visits/views? Anyways, I am a fan of taking risks so it could be worth a try! I am guessing the best types of forum to flip would be a promotion forum huh? I mean, I would love to create a music forum but I feel like it would be much harder to gain members compared to a promotion or maybe general forum.

I mean posts sorry. I'm not 100% sure. Generic promotion forums are unlikely to fetch a great price on sale.

Forum Hour has seen its fair share of owners. What is it on, its 5th one?! It is unreal, though.

I never open a forum with the intentions to sell it. But, sometimes it just happens that you have to sell it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds